Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Game today 0-0

Any reports for us exiles ?

Re: Game today 0-0

we looked good 2day jst needin 2 be abit more clynical in front of the sticks and we will do well this year

Working on report just now SPF but the team was:

I. Ross, D. Ross, Linton, Smart, McGowan, Courts, Blackadder, Jablonski, Ritchie, Gordon and Mitchell, with Martin and Crabbe coming on for Courts and Gordon.

Did we play 5 at the back then or 3-5-2 or did Courts or Smart play in the middle?

Just wondering? Since we struggled to score today, and the 19s scored 11, is there a possilbilty of a call up or 2? does anyone know any of the strikers and what they are like?

GK I.ROSS
DR D.ROSS
DL S.LINTON
DC J.MCGOWAN
DC J.SMART
MR R.BLACKADDER
ML T.COURTS
MC A.MITCHELL
MC N.JABLONSKI
FC P.RITCHIE
FC K.GORDON

Decent enough performance. I think us and Stenny will be the two teams to beat this season. Can't make an accurate comparison or assesment on the team until I've seen who we're up against this season. Ross in goals made a couple of brilliant saves but kicking wasn't brilliant and he didn't look to certain at corners. Courts wins everything in the air. Ritchies touches in and around the box are fantastic. The under 19's are not a big side and I think most of their players would struggle at a higher level right now.

Crowd: 485

aye rite!

Maybe so, but the numbers on the mound weren't so great either. They didn't generate enough noise to have any impact.

485 could av well been the attendance 2day i thought it was a resonable attendance considerin the so called protest

The numbers on the mound weren't too great today but has hit the club in the pocket by around £250-£300.

A so 'called protest'. Another wooden top fan who thinks everything in the garden is all rosey.

we looked relly solid at the back today great save by ross in the first half and a great goal line clearance by smart, apart from them 2 thats all stenny did we had the better of the chances, if we get a bit sharper in front of goal then we can win this league mu mom today is out of i ross or j smart 50/50

I don't think everything is rosy but I don't see how all the crooks can be removed from power. I stood on the mound since the mound protests began but now, I just want to watch the game with the best possible view.

So, what your saying is that 'they' have won and all the protests including your own are now in vain ?

Brilliant.

(I don't think you were ever a protestor)

I cannot afford to buy out Collumbine, Gray, Brown, Twigg or any of the others.

Was that the point of the protests in the first place?

I thought it was to get rid of the destructive influence that is penniless Brown?

Unfortunately due to some technical difficulties we can't upload the report till i get back from the fringe later on tonight.

Sorry for any inconvenience to the exiles

Home now, so that's the report up in the NEWS section.

Cheers GoF

At the risk of sounding ungrateful, any chance of some photos ?

is there any pics of the game ??? and on reading the report iam sure that smart or mcgoewan saved templeton's shot off the line at the end sure it was smart can't be certain ???