Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
EAST FIFE Vs RANGERS, SKOL CUP 1986

Just spotted on e-bay, somebody trying to sell a DVD of the full 90 minutes of the 1986 match with Rangers at bayview (remeber Coist missing a penalty, the twat). It mentions in the advert that there were only a few copies made by the club. I was wondering if there is any in circulation in the area so I could get a copy. Any ideas?

Re: EAST FIFE Vs RANGERS, SKOL CUP 1986

Yeah. Buy it from the guy on e-bay, get it copied, and sell the copies at least until you recoup your money. Split the remaining profits 50/50 with the supporters trust. Fly to Bankok and have a non-family holiday. Take loads of pictures. Sell them to perverts on e-bay. Split the profits 50/50 with the supporters trust......

I'd also love a copy of this game as it's the first

Fife game i recall attending. Top dollar would be paid

for the said item. Or could the trust run off a few

copies so that some benefit is being made with the

sales as i think this will be a good earner,

I think you will find that the seller is an occasional contributor to this forum. And it's not Glen Walker.

I suggest the Trust should nominate a bidder in an effort to keep the price down. We dont want to be bidding against each and pushing the price. The Trust could then make copies which would be available to all fans at say £10 each, It would make quite a few bob towards the share purchase.

Good idea Walter!
Any trust high heid yins in agreement?

Before you go off and spend all the trust's money, better check on the copyright status, wouldn't like to see anybody falling foul of the law, then again maybe get DB to do the copying and distributiuon

Not a Trust high heid yin but following this up. Good point re copyright Brian.

Would copyright be an issue with this as

1. The Skol cup is no longer in existence
and
2. It was an amateur copy nothing official(ie BBC)

If copyright were an issue the item wouldn't be up

for sale on Ebay as they cancel accounts if

counterfeit goods are being sold.

Either way i'd love a copy and it's being watched

closely on ebay.

If I had the slightest clue what you all meant for the Trust to do, I would be only too happy to help!

However, having never even browsed Ebay before I am clueless! If someone wants to drop me an email or phone me then I'll see what it is you want us to do!

It is almost certain that there is no copyright. The original owner would have to prove that it either belonged to him, or was shot by him. It is very difficult to prove copyright unless the original owner went to the considerable trouble of protecting his work. I would be 99.99 per cent sure that this did not happen.

Kerriann
A nominated person would bid on behalf of the trust and hopefully win the DVD.
The trust would then copy the DVDs and sell them at say £10. The proceeds would go into the trust's coffers...

F**k me Angus, I wish I'd thought of that.....

I'm delighted to say that the seller has offered to give the Trust a copy free of charge.

Many thanks to him.

OK folks, we're on! The Trusts' typist is taking pre-orders in anticipation of receiving the DVD! Exact prices will be confirmed once the rest of the TB read the email I've just sent them!

Would love to see the look on Tam's face when he reads this thread!!!

Pit me doon fer wan,please.

Glad this issue looks like being resolved.

Can I suggest, though that you don't put the price as high as £10 as a lower price may encourage more fans to buy one. If the price is too high then you may find that even more 'unofficial' copies get made and the trust lose out on potential earnings. I would suggest £7 a time. As there is virtually no cost to copy these then this would be pure profit.

Travel Agent - We wouldn't dare put a high price, that would be ripping off the loyal fans who donate alot of their time and money to the Trust.

The price for the DVD will be 5 great british pounds. For anyone who wishes to have the DVD sent to them, a SAE must be sent to cover postage.

We may also have a 'screening' of the game at a right thinking pub near you! Suggestions have been made to digitally remaster the game so we win!

The screening is a great idea to relive the excitement and raise some funds for the Trust.
Looking forward to seeing McCoist's penalty howler and Rambo Burgess steaming into Colin West.

I liked the bit when Souness watched the start of the game from the director's greenhouse, but after about twenty minutes he realised it wasn't going to be the stroll he anticipated and made his way to the dug out.

The winners of the tie were due to meet the winners of the Dundee tie in the next round. Clarkie sent a spy to Dens to check up the next round opponents. Confidence indeed!

Bit nauhgty Mrs secretary to announce cost before the finish of the eBay auction, you have just killed the sellers hopes of getting a decent bid

Put me down for one kerriann

The bluenoses can fight among themselves for it.
This is our wee secret...

presumein you will get blank dics fi the
computer shop that gies us discoont

y no ask them ti copy them fir ya they must ave
a quick way of doin it

Brian, there was no naughtiness involved, just ignorance of all things Ebay. Apologies to seller and I will personally compensate him.

I was only pulling your leg , see you all tonight.

McCoist penalty wasn't a howler. It was a very good save from Marshall. It would have been a howler if he had put it into Kirkland Road

Especially as he was shooting into the Aberhill end!
Main thing is the twat missed and our hopes grew stronger.
Was that Davie Krikwoods last game for us? I recall him joining the bluenoses shortly after that match with us getting Scott Nesbitt for a loan spell.

For Krikwood read Kirkwood

Kerriann
I would like a copy to,can you give me a address so i can send my monies and a sae to you.

EFST
FREEPOST NAT 15991
Dunfermline
KY11 8BR

Stick me down for one.

Screening would be good. We could edit it and then show a few games.

I think Davie Kirkwood's last game for us was the cup replay against Dundee at Bayview, or possibly at Boghead in February 1987. He played a couple of games on loan a few years later.
Was Scott "Nesbitt" any relation to Rab C?

Put me down for two please. One for hoose and one for pub. Would like to edit one down to say 20mins for Saturday home games. Is it possible??

kirkwood's last game was in march, away to airdrie i think. he played the last game of the 86-87 season for rangers

sorry about the kirkland road bollocks. got a bit carried away there

Me one please!
I remeber that day like it was yesterday!

1 for me ta

Can I get a copy to Kerriann please I will see you at the Arbroath game week Saturday.
Thanks Caroline

me 2 also se you at coatbridge.

Please, PLEASE, put me down for a copy!!!!!!!!!!

Me too!

Proof that we had a half decent team in my lifetime - priceless.

Me also.

I will take one and also one for Rab Robertson who e-mailed me this morning either from an oil rig or Lower Largo.

One copy for me too please...

Kerrian,
I'll have one too. I will send you a cheque with a SAE but who is the cheque made payable to?

Cheques to be made payable to 'East Fife Supporters' Trust'.

Thank you to whoever came up with this idea.

Azz has kindly said he will help the Trust out. I thank him in advance too but wonder if he is going to regret saying so! We've created a monster here!!!!

Kerriann,
I think this was a joint effort by quite a few people. It was mentioned on another thread so there may be scope for more of the same. Maybe we should see how this one goes and take it from there.

I believe this DVD is of the whole 90 minutes but I seem to recall that the game went to extra time then penalties. Everyones going to be pretty pissed off when the DVD cuts of after 90 minutes

Wasn't there a guy (maybe from Artigraf) who recorded a lot of the games in the early 70's (when we were a big team) from the top of the old dressing rooms. There must be a lot of footage if we can find it.

I`ll have one.

Re the 90 minute thing, it'll be a shame if it misses out extra time as I remember us being even more immense in that period when everyone (me included) expected us to wilt. I think it was the Huns who were more relieved they made it to penalties.

Ok girls, just to confirm. The coverage includes crowd entering ground, footage from outside the dressing rooms, the warm up , full 90 minutes, the 30 minute extra time and then damn it the penalties are missing.....don't panic, the penalties are there and then the teams trotting off.

PS - please keep this footage away from UEFA observers

Can I have a copy as well, just tell me where to send the money!

Just noticed where to send money, will have sort it out tommorow.

Kerriann,

Any sign of the DVD yet?

It is in the hands of a very kind person (Azz) who is dealing with it on behalf of the Trust. I should be able to collect it on Saturday.

gonny compensate the poor bugger that won the dvd on ebay as well as the seller, cause they won it for £7.19 plus pnp of a pound which is £3.19 more than they could hav got it from the trust, thats if u stick to the £5 price tag, personaly I would pay a lot more for a copy and swell the trust coffers at the same time

Lonefifer,

How do you know that the winning bid was made by a Fife fan? He may have been a Hun.

If you want to pay more for the DVD then I feel a donation to the trust may be appropriate.

why? are u too stingy to pay more for a copy?

if the price is raised for what is an excellent piece of Fife history then the trust will get more money than just charitable donations and from those that may be too STINGY or their pockets are deeper than the length of their arm.

question - how much did everyone pay Bayviewboy for the QP game? think that was a tenner if my memory serves me

i'd pay £10 no bother. chances like this don't come around often

Kerriann

Whatever you do, don't give the dvds to Glen Walker to look after

Kerrian, I would like a copy of the DVD too. I sent you an email last night regarding this.
Ta.

Lonefifer,

Think you will find on this thread on 8th August I suggested a higher price than £5. Didn't see your name ordering a copy though. Maybe it was you that won the e-bay copy and feel you have been 'DONE'!

It was Kerryann that set the price at £5 presumably after full discussion with the Trust members.

It was the Trust board she discussed it with.

am slightly the wrong side of several of monteiths finest golden lagers down in nz but stick me down for a dvd of this one, will sort a cheque to the dunfy address which will include a dunfy address for the disc, which I'll catch up with one day, hopefully!

there seems to be a debate about the price, why not make it a donation to the trust, £5 minimum and see what you end up with,

Can I get one for free??

I think Glen should pay for your copy Tam

Put me down for one too Kerrian. I'll give you the fiver at Elgin if I can manage to find you in the crowd.

I will gladly pay for Tams DVD copy and anyone else for that matter...after all I was responsible for losing [i ate it!!] the original video belonging to Tam....

Have the DVDs been reproduced yet and if so can I pick one up on Friday night. If someone is selling them at the ground who will it be and were will they be selling them from.

The DVD's will be available on Friday night.

Firstly we will be giving them to the people who have reserved one as we are nearly sold out of the number we have had made! Then we can sell the 5 we have left!

A huge thanks to Azz, a new Friend of the Trust member, who copied them all for us. If you have already sent me your money or booked one on this thread you will get one. (for those who booked and didn't use their real name will have to 'fess up to get their copy handed over!)

Kerriann i will pay you on Friday look out for me i am the one with the mike in my hand ha ha

I won't be at the game on friday night. I have to drag myself off to a 4 star hotel to have a meal with my long lost family!!! I of course didn't realise till Saturday that we were playing on friday - Doh!

Look out for The Other Chairman. If you don't know what he looks like, just shout 'The Other Chairman' very loudly and hopefully someone will tell him there was a shout for him!

He will have a list of all the reserved copies I have noted. Remember - your false identity will be safe with the Trust!!!

Will send payment shortly Kerriann

I will be in the lounge from 6.45 until 7.15 then I will loiter at the pie stall until kick off. That all assumes 7.30 k.o. Cash only - no travellers cheques, provi cheques or foreign currency.

Kerriann - have any of the mysterious moles,insiders,
told you so's and know it all's ordered a copy ? I do not want eliminated because I know their identity.

Can I reserve 1 copy please if there's still any left?

I won't make it Friday either, but could you still keep a copy for me?

Of course I will James!

Anyone who has pre-ordered on this thread and emailed me will have a copy reserved for them.

TOC - None of the people you mention have ordered a copy. Of if they have, they've used a different name!

Can I reserve one too please.

Kerriann,

I posted a cheque to the Supporters Trust address in Dunfermline with a SAE. Have you posted the DVD to me or will I pick it up on Friday?

Can I order one too, please ?

Kerriann,
Any chance of ordering a copy??
If it's possible could you send me a quick email and
i'll get the cheque and envelope posted as soon as.
Cheers.

Travel Agent - I've got a few postal orders. I won't get the DVD's to send out until after Friday so it will be quicker for you to pick it up from Allan. Give him your AFTN user name and your real name and I'll know not to duplicate the order!

KoTS - I've put you name down too. Remember to give your username as some of the folks on here have more aliases than Klaus Barbie.

I could always do you a copy at £2.00 each

just kidding

Can i have one? will pick it up on friday night

Azz made 34 copies which was enough to cover all those who had posted on AFTN up until Kerriann prepared the list. As that is now not enough Azz is doing another 20 copies but will not be ready until next week. Give me your name on Friday night and a copy will be kept for you.

TOC

Remember me asked on monday night

Stewart K. you made it - yours is the last name on the list.

So did Colin and Stu.

Not sure who Stu is but Stu the Blue and Colin are both on the list.

Thats them Mr Chairman.

Keriann - very good

Kerriann,i gave my money to Brian Duffs laddy so Alan is going to get mine for me.Also can i order another 2 copies for a guy at my work.Any time will do for these copies.Cheers

Kerriann,

I could not locate ToC last night. Can you arrange for mine to be posted in the SAE. Thanks.

Neither could I. I tannoyed for hom to make himself known but to no avail. Can you keep mine for the next home game cause i know ehat you look like. Thanks

typo hom should be him early morning n all that awa on the piss to Newcastle now

Iken what toc looks like .worse luck.

Sorry Enfifer left the copy at Bayview last night. Will get it today and get it too u when I can.

I posted that I would be in the lounge for 30 mins and at the gate for another 15 mins before the game.
I did both but only three out of thirty names on the list contacted me. I heard Caroline's messages but preferred to watch the football.
Took orders/sold copies to twelve others who had not ordered them.
There is still a copy for everyone who added their name to the post. To avoid confusion, anyone who wants a copy but did not post on AFTN please e-mail me direct at focussupport@hotmail.com

Cheers Lesley,nay hurry fer it.Just give it ti Ian or Adele un they will pass it on.

Any chance a a copy on Wed. night at supporters club meeting ?

Any chance a copy on Wed night at Supporters Club Meeting

Big Fifer
Don't have your name on the original list but will put you down for one of the additional copies Azz is doing for later this week. If I have it for Wednesday
I will bring it along.