Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
O/T Boycotts

Why is there a boycott Israel sign on the AFTN website? In the interests of impartiality why not a boycott Hezbollah sign at least as well? Or better still just stick to fitba' - as that is what the site is really about anyway - is it not?

Re: O/T Boycotts

Because Israel are scum, responsible for war crimes and the biggest terror state on the planet at the moment (and have been for a long time).

And AFTN isn't just about football as our BROKEN DOWN HALO section of the site hopefully shows

Then perhaps Broken Down Halo is the site for your political beliefs - I go to AFTN for the fitba' and a diversion from the horrors of this world. As to calling the Israel's scum, I dread to think how we Scots would have coped, surrounded by enemies, many of whom would choose suicide if they could kill us as well and where our neighbours all wanted our complete destruction.
The war in the Middle East is terrible with death and destruction taking place on both sides, which I deplore and condemn! My point was about taking sides and boycotts display that. Surely there is enough suffering and pain in the world without us, showing a favouritism and hurting or alienating even more people??

*** WARNING: This site is NOT suitable for minors or those easily offended ***

I think we should boycott Israel, what they are doing is right out of order, and they have been at this caper for decades.

But I also think we should boycott CANADA, the seal pup murdering animal hating scum! 33500 killed this spring alone, no more than 2 weeks old.
Anyone who votes Green (GOF!)is a hypocrite for being so openly pro-Canadian. How would you like it if I cane over and clubbed your bunny wabbits for their coats? Eh?!! Fucking Barbaric!

Canada-BOO! Fucking moose shagging bastarts.

Once you start trying to reduce complex political situations to a simple "let's boycott it" response you end up having an excuse for boycotting everywhere.

With, of course, the exception of Douglas, Dundee which probably wouldn't notice.

well i'm in agreement with isreal

i hate those scum on the other team

go team israel

Israeli Bastards

C'mon the seal pups!

Higmy, why dont you boycot this website in protest?

Could be wrong in saying this but isn't portraying

the Isrealites as "scum" classed as a racist and

norrow minded view of a few individuals??

If so this thread should be deleted as no one wants

to be branded a racist and a bigot do they??

Gof said that Israel is scum, not the Israelites.
Point being that his comment is regarding the state, and not those who live in the State.

See the problem with Israel is that if you dare criticise them then you get branded anti-semitic or racist, which is what has happened with Robert Fisk with his excellent first hand reporting in the Independent.

There's a big difference between being anti semitic and telling the truth that a disproportionate response to Hizbollah agression has left 932 Lebanese dead with 45% of them children, 913,000 Lebanese have been displaced (300,000 of whom are children) and the Israelis have destroyed the infrastructure of the country whilst being allowed to breach international boundaries and create an environmental nightmare. All this whilst the world looks on and does nothing.

I've boycotted Israeli products for years. Will not buy any fruit for example. Very little impact I know but it makes me sleep with a clean conscience at night.

As for Canada Sparkle, you're right but you'll find that the majority of the Canadian public are against the seal culls (the majority of the Israeli population though support what their terror state is doing) but because it is the Inuit and no one wants to be dubbed racist etc, the government there shockingly won't get involved as it's "their way of life". Not the best of reasons to give and government subsidies would hopefully see this cull gradually reduce. With the green NDP rising in popularity in the polls in each election in Canada though this will hopefully see a reduction of the cull in future years.

Surely then we should be calling United Kingdom

"scum" also as we put our reign over the world along

with the Americans and kill innocent civilians in the

process ie. Kosovo, Bosnia, Afghanistan, Iraq, The

list goes on with the countries we as a nation have

invaded and for what??

Don't say it's for the benefit of those countries

people as i spent a few years in the forces and was

unfortunate enough to go to all of the above mentioned

countries and we were most definately not welcome, So

where does your fruit and veg come from GoF?

GoF
Your a clever Pup

hows about boycotting us of a??

My point Exactly pingpong the US of A and The UK

aren't exactly angels when it comes to war.

Drop the Boycott Israel flag from the opening page now, and get back to supporting issues closer to home.

What must other non East Fife supports think when entering this site.....have we lost our way in our protests against Brown? concentrate our efforts on ethnically cleansing the Boardoom.

GoF dont start thinking your some sort of Kofi fuckin
Annan.

So when they click in and see the big down with Brown photo that doesn't let them them know

Mind you they don't support East Fife so they must be a bit thick right enough

Ethnically cleansing the boardroom?

"As for Canada Sparkle,... because it is the Inuit and no one wants to be dubbed racist etc, the government there shockingly won't get involved as it's "their way of life". Not the best of reasons to give and government subsidies would hopefully see this cull gradually reduce. With the green NDP rising in popularity in the polls in each election in Canada though this will hopefully see a reduction of the cull in future years."

Do you take me for an inuit? It's happening in the Newfoundland iceflows GOF, and there are no inuit there whatsoever! The inuit have survived for centuries by sustainable local culls, not mass slaughter for commercial greed, which the canadian government ultimately benefits from.The media have been hounded out of the area by the local white fur traders, and put in fear of their lives, and the police are colluding with them.
Boo! Down with this sort of thing.

I like Israel.

The only non muslim country in that area, where many of its neighbours want it wiped off the face of the earth, but still they endure.

OK a lot of what they do is well dodgy, but they are surrounded by folk that hate them.

A remarkable race the Jews, put down for centuries but they keep going.

Anyway, I am in Spain where the beer is cheap and its 34c so not overly fussed about Lebanon very selfish, i know.

While GoF is clearly a seal murdering eco-terrorist, in his defence I think that since this is HIS WEBSITE, i.e. not East Fife's, then he's entitled to have whatever he wants on it.

Naked dancing girls. Political comments. Ukranian peasant music.

If you dont like it, go and start up your own site!
Welcome to the internet. Freedom of speech, and all that?....

"Naked dancing girls. Political comments. Ukranian peasant music. "

I say NO to political comments and Ukranian peasant music.

Wat about if the naked dancing girls were dancing to the ukranian peasant music, while making political comments? With background footage of the Yom Kippur Sinai and Golan Heights conflicts?

I support the Boycott Israel sign, keep it GoF

What about Cuba?
Great having 100% literacy but not being allowed to read anything Fidel doesn't approve!

Thats factual pish Clarkie.

Zak shood flee oot ti the muddle eest the man wood git thum sortid ZAKS THA MAN RESPECT

Why do you think Israel's neighbours want to wipe them off the map ?

Is it maybe bacause they have forced the Palestinians out of their homes and land and forced them to live in slums for years ? Added to the ridiculous shows of force and contempt they've shown against any of it's Arab neighbours with the uncinditional support (financiala and diplomatic) of the U.S. and Britain.

Also, there are no 'Israelites' in Israel. That is a Biblical term. People of Israel are Israelis.

And no, I'm not an anti-Semite. I can't be arsed with all organised religions, including the shite that Muslims, Christians and Mormons follow.

Never read so much uninformed dross about the whole Israel/Palestine/Lebanon conflict. Any historian worth his salt will confirm that it all kicked off because of Fiddler on the Roof. There was no trouble before that musical.

If I was a rich man ya-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-dum. They are fighting about how many da's there should be.

How many Israelis/Jews were arrested today, re Heathrow?

And why do you think we (as in the UK) get drawn into being terrorist targets?

Our flawed foreign policies and puppy dog antics towards the US' policies leave us wide open for attacks and especially our stance on the middle east.

What they're banning on planes though is bizarre. How can taking a book or a magazine on board be classed as a threat?

Sparkle - that mean you not want to come and visit me on holiday any more then?

From Igor:

"Thats factual pish Clarkie. "

From our Cuban Internet Correspondent:
Sorry I'm a private citizen and not allowed access to the internet

From Our Cuban Media Correspondent
Sorry I'm not allowed to publish without government approval

From Our Football Correspondent
Sorry. I can't come and do a match report from Coatbridge as I'm not allowed to leave the country without my government's permission.

I rest my case.

maybe someones 'personal opinion' shouldnt be aired on a site like this even if they do put tons of work into it. I hate cats but dont ask for anti-cat slogans etc etc

Moses,

How many Israelis/Jews were arrested today ?
I don't know, more than likely none.

What are you suggesting, that a percantage of fundamentalist Muslims (which is also a farce of a religion) means that it's ok to kill thousands of innocent children and peaceful citizens in Lebanon ? (with chemical weapons). It's not a case of taking one side or the other. Israel is supposed to be a developed, democratic (haha) nation.

Intelligent comment. Although, you're probably on the wind-up anyway.

'mon the Fife.

The anti-Israel thing needs replaced with F**k the Rovers. Them I DO hate.

I like Cuba,especially their cigars, as for the the Israelis I think they are out of order for what they are doing to the innocent people of lebbanon,America and the Uk goverments has to take some blame for allowing it to continue,instead of helping the Israelis,they helped them during ww2 that is how there is so many jews about now.if hitler had got rid of them all then this would not be happening now,and I am not a racist

Awe wee ar sayin iz it wiznae izrailies tryin to blow inocint lawds oot the skies the day wiz it fink aboot it itz 2 sidez noo thame an uz FINK ABOOT OT WEEVE BEEN TOOO SAFT FUR YEERS

Not so much a wind up, but a comment to get the people who take sides on matters that they really do not know anything about, to think before promoting what they believe to be right or wrong, based on what they are fed by tv reporters, who in turn have their own beliefs!

There was on reporter on telly tonight saying what the Israelis 'need' to do to get the results they want! I mean, what the hell gives a reporter the right to say what 'needs' to be done by governments or whoever? They could be reporting something else in a couple of weeks, again giving their own opinions on events. They should just stick to reporting facts, no opinions!

BTW, I am not Jewish or Muslim. I don't like what is happening just as much as Gof, Igor etc. I just don't like opinions by people on situations they are so far removed from!

You've put your point across very well Moses, perfectly in fact.

I would just like to say that when innocent civilian people are being slaughtered by a supposed civilised nation or state then people should comment on it (uneducated or not).

You should also seperate Israelis with Jews as it's not so much a matter of the Jewish race/religion but a problem with the state of Israel and their policies.

let's talk fitbaw.

...and Zak, having re-read your post are you advocating genocide ???

What's all that about ???

St Pauli,

I agree, but why do groups like hezbollah continue to put there 'own' through this hell? Where do they get the resources to keep going?

Before they killed and captured the Israeli soldiers, Israel were not bombing and killing anybody in Lebanon, as far as I know.

Past history must surely have told them they would get this response from Israel?

A good debate with many points including Cuba and Canadian seal pups brought into the mix.
My point remains - boycotts - why, and what do they solve?
One of the most hateful regimes in this world from what I have read is in Burma where Aung San Suu Kyi remains imprisoned despite winning a free election. Even though I find this regime an deplorable and hateful I would not advocate having a "boycott Burma" any more than having ""boycott Israel".

All they seem to do is strengthen attitudes and opinions either for or against. I am not pro-Israeli or pro-Hezbolah and I feel for the suffering on both sides. It is just that on my favourite site where I go to keep up to date on my beloved EFFC I would really prefer to concentrate on the fitba' and not boycotts which could affect innocent people around the world.
Gof it is your site and your choice - I am just expressing my opinion.

GoF we will still come and visit you in Canada pal, (if we're invited) but I think you should still suspend diplomatic ties with your misses just for good measure!

I blame the Pope.

and the Monarchy.