Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bargain on Ebay

Check out the East Fife v Celtic programme
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/East-Fife-v-Celtic-1985-Friendly_W0QQitemZ110019472430QQihZ001QQcategoryZ53648QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Great value.

Re: Bargain on Ebay

Can anyone from the supporters club at that time say whether this is genuine. A single sheet hand written is a dodgy purchase at any price, but asking 100 quid is taking the piss.

It is from the same seller who is selling the dvd, i think it is the real deal because he has been selling progs & stuff that are very rare.He has a list of programmes for sale.Must be a collector

If it is the same seller as the dvd then I too can confirm he is a bona fide seller who has been collecting East Fife stuff for many years.

At the risk of sounding as though I am defending my e-bay selling practices perhaps a few facts for the uninitiated
a) said item is 100% genuine
b) these were the days before word processing and my typewriter was knackered - the handwriting is appalling and it's no surprise I ended up with a career in IT
c) this programme is recognised officially in the programme collecting world by Celtic collectors as a genuine first team issue
d) do I expect to get the asking price, not really, e-bay you see has screwed the economics of the hobby but I'm more than happy for anyone reading this to prove me wrong. I know there are people out there and I put them in the right minded category but not necessarily e-bay users who will not see this as a piss take
e)I've collected programmes now for over 30 years and what started as a hobby soon became a realisation that those old bits of paper were in fact an investment - you can quote my wife on the first bit and keep quiet to her on the second
f)feel free to stalk me on e-bay (unless you are from the Inland Revenue) for future items for sale but as one kind person has mentioned yes I do have a list which you are but one click away from if you wish to receive it
g) I am happy to answer any questions people may have on East Fife programmes etc...I don't actually own an anorak but do have knowledge that is FREE to those who want it

Hope this helps clear up the situation, thanks for the initial interest shown

Only 30 years, you say?