Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Team Photo In Courier

Where is Derrick hiding?

Re: Team Photo In Courier

Up his own arse

It's on the "official" site now and yup, still no Derrick!

Thats a better picture than the last few years, probably cos they didn't have Derrick marching about getting folk to put chairs out and then taking center stage with the front middle seat.

Is that Neil Bryson in the photo who used to be our physio a few years ago and was cowdens last season?

Could have got in a bit closer. From a teccy viewpoint it's a terrible photo.

That is a terrible picture. Why are the 2nd row not higher than the 1st?

There's no way that can be the official photo.

Is Derrick to blame for this?

Yeah it's pretty bad and I know a few things about bad photos!

It's hard to even know who's who

Have to agree I find it hard to believe a PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER took that photo, if that is the case then Fife should refuse to pay.

If they paid for that picture I've got a great future in front of me.

If I were asked to take the team picture I would have the front row sitting down wearing the black and gold strip (prominent as this is our official colours), the club captain should be in the center with the ball, any cups won last year should also be on display out front, the second row should be standing, wearing the away strip with club officials at either end. The back row should be standing on benches or chairs with the keepers either in the middle together or seperated on either side with three or four strips between them.

I would also take the picture from across the other side of the pitch with a long lens, this would give the effect of compressing the whole scene, this ones been taken with a wide angle lens (probably a point and shoot affair), the perspective is all wrong.

Official site photo has been changed to 1st team only

Big improvement but still a shambles.

Whoever does the website needs to teach himself to use Photoshop and rotate the photo so it's at least straight.

There's no word oan when the new strips will be on sale, last seasons merchandise pictured and the team photo can't be found where it says it can (on the players page which also only has half the squad in last seasons strips).

Added to that, the crest on the front looks like it has been coloured in badly with a felt tip pen and scanned in.

Semi-professional club my arse.

who runs the official web site it never gets updated and the players picture or profiles arn't updated its crap aftn is much beter

Careful now, the "webmaster" will be here any minute to spit out the dummy once again!

Just seen the new photo... is that Max and Paddy on either side of Dave Baikie?
Were on a road to nowhere right enough!