Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FAO Mounders/protesters from last season

We raised a bit of money last season with things like half time raffles, t-shirt sales etc. I have £230 of your money, and that money has no destination as such. An old idea was to put it behind the bar and drink it at Bayview when Brown goes, I think because of the way things have happened we might have lost the party mood by now, in short i'd rather use this money to continue a struggle rather than celebrate our achievements so far.

So, I propose that this money is donated to the Trust shares fund. That way we know it will help to make a difference, I have £160 from the Fans in Football evening, if I add that to the mound money and make up the extra tenner then thats £400, a large sum of money and a credit to the fans who contributed to it.

Does anyone oppose the idea of giving this money to EFST? If so, speak to me today or Wednesday. Anonymous messages on here will not count as you could be someone with another agenda.

If there is no opposition (with alternative ideas) before next Saturday I will give the full £400 to the Trust and fans should be proud of their contribution to raising this significant fund, which can go a long way if put in the right place.

Re: FAO Mounders/protesters from last season

Good thinking Batman!

Why,those who donated should have a vote/decision!!!!!

The trust is the way forward so you've got my vote.

Igor,

I contributed 2 X £5.00 last year to the cause. Can you please donate my contribution to a worth while charity of your choice as the money would be well used instead of wasting away on a nothing future.

Thanks

AP - you got a receipt?

why not sponsor a young fifers team?

I don't think certain people involved in running the young Fifers would want this money.

"I contributed 2 X £5.00 last year to the cause. Can you please donate my contribution to a worth while charity of your choice as the money would be well used instead of wasting away on a nothing future."

You participated in the protest and gave money to the protest? Was that in protest against the protest?

Trust or the Young Fifers - either

"I don't think certain people involved in running the young Fifers would want this money."

I know i only dontated less than a tener but it would still be nice to give them the opportunity don’t you think...it might go some way into uniting all the fans again

Why not offer to by a set of football tops for one of the teams or strips if it can stretch that far.

Having watched the oldest team a few times at savoy it made me proud to see them wearing the black and gold with pride and passion at a time when was staying away from bayview...also seen a few good wins including a hamering dished out to some team from falkirk way that put a smile on my face...so i appologise for my biased veiw

If people want the money to go towards strips for a YF team (and the YF will accept it) then I don't see any problem, i'll just need to see on Wednesday what the general mood is an go with the majority. Or, depending on the cost of strips we could split the dosh.

How far would £115 stretch?

I emailed Nancy from the Young Fifers to make enquiries

Ok, spoke to Nancy, she had a few suggestions.

Set of rainjackets for one squad would be approx £200, kit bag for each team approx £100, transport to an away game between £100 and £200 depending on venue.

The jackets could be an idea and provide a wee photo opportunity in the EFM.

Thoughts?

Igor,
You are on a hiding to nothing here. No matter what the circumstances there will be some who are anti Trust but may have been part of the protest to one degree or another.
I am in favour of helping out the YF with all the money raised. The Trust are already discussing how to help the YF so giving them the money direct achieves the Trust aim but at the same time does not antagonise
anyone.
One suggestion is that "anti protest" comes out of hiding and lets you know to which worthy case he would like his £10 donated.
This is my personal opinion but will hopefully be shared by most Trust members.

"Anonymous messages on here will not count as you could be someone with another agenda" - so unless 'Anti-Protest' reveals his true identity his vote counts for nothing.
As for my opinion, either the Trust or the Young Fifers - I'm easy either way.

I wont feel comfortable until the club is owned by its supporters. With this in mind I would be happier that any money raised went to the supporters trust. I have nothing what so ever against the young Fifers but until the club is safe I can't help but feel that any available funds should be used to try and buy shares.

Anyway you want to use the money is fine by me as long as brown or the board get nothing out of it

Popular opinion lastnight suggested that the full whack should go to the trust, if nothing changes by Saturday that's where it'll be going.