Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Tonight

Willie and Sid have asked the supporters/protesters to come up to the lounge at 6.45pm for a wee chat.

See you there.

Re: Tonight

NO

bugger - I'll have missed it.

yup. me too!

....and me.
Still sceptical, will be interested to hear folks views before going back.

Another pull the wool over the eyes job? - they miss one meeting but expect supporters to come running when they call! - not to be trusted I think.

Well they all went back except 5,that is it the protesters have let brown win,promises were made that brown will be out by xmas, promises like last year that the trust will get their shares,they did not get them all,they have not got them now,no promises that the trust will get someone on the board,but like last year everyone pays there money to go in,if a protest starts all over again it will not have the same support people will feel let down,I was going to come on and slag certain people but why bother they are just like brown,if you think i am talking about you then it must be you.

Possibly they have all been promised a blazer! - for promises are easy to make - actions are a different kettle of fish - but it smells just the same.

Fucking hell Mike - youi've got it right on the nail again!

The only reason I've been working with others in relation to the club, the only reason I've written and sent out over 90 press releases, the only reason I've attended God knows how many meetings, the only reason I've spent hours on the phone (at my own expense) etc etc is of course to get a blazer.

You and Zak stand high in my estimation as being the most perceptive analysts of organisational strategy it's been my pleasure to read.

Late News Flash
Machiavelli Resigns.
"Can't compete with the likes of Zak and Mike," he is quoted as saying as he burns all extant copies of The Prince.

I went back tonight for the first time since January and although I'm not happy with the Brown situation, it may be a small price to pay, if he is to be gone in 4 months. The ridicule he faced tonight from former moundees was very amusing. Keep it up guys.

However if people wish to continue protesting that is fine. I never criticised people for paying in last year but I felt that starving East Fife of cash was good for East Fife long term, i.e. getting rid of Brown as Chairman.

Many changes have taken place and the protest has I felt run it's course. Any further disregard of supporters on a scale of the Brown era will result in similar action, but for now I am giving the current Chairman my support.

A big thanks to Igor for the organising and holding together the protests over the last few months.Hopefully this will be the start of a new dawn.

FORZA FIFE

Dearie me Eugene - me thinks you doth protest to much!

I'm impressed with your knowledge of Hamlet Mike but I'm no Queen!

Queen! - brilliant band.

Bit mercurial for my liking!

Disagree Mike. I think Eugene protested for the correct amount of time...

Did the chat take place last night? And if so, was anything useful discussed.

I felt the chat went ok. Basically they are asking us to be patient and give them a chance to make the changes needed rather than expect things to happen immediately. Personally I am willing to do that, although very unhappy at Derrick having any role at the club, this may not be for long.

All in all there were probably 25 protesters in the ground last night who I could name that were returning for the first time in months. 5 stayed on the mound. So from that you can draw your own conclusions.

Hope to see you at Elgin on the 26th Jilted, I think the Vengabus may be returning for that one.

Was looking forward to seeing you all again on the 26th Stewart, however I think i'm away in Cumbria that weekend(bloody Typical)Hoping to make the game away at Montrose though so probebly see you there.
Enjoy the trip to Elgin anyway.

See these part time supporters missing Elgin away eh (and Ross County at home)

Roll on Saturday, first game at Bayview since Janauary

Now look here Mickey boy! away and practise some care plans, I've been a part time supporter for over 50 years and if you think that you're a bigger part time supporter etc etc...