Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Supporters Club

The Supporters Club have arranged a meeting with the Chairman on Tuesday 22nd August 2006 at 7.30pm in the Lounge at Bayview Stadium.

Re: Supporters Club

That would be Derrick then. Oops sorry, I forgot...

"You're not Chairman anymore..."

Bump.

Dave

Can non members come to this meeting as well? I take it they can pay to join on the night?

We are all potential SC members so all are welcome

Meeting confirmed as definitely ON.

Apologies again Dave but awfy busy this week.
There in spirit!

Must take up a lot of your time right enough trying to escape cone hell

Yes it's driving me nuts - pine ones of course.

Nothing wrong with Eugenes driving

Thanks Martin - the cheque's in the post!

Excellent meeting.

The fine print has to be worked out yet but we will be receiving some discount at the club shop and preferential treatment for all- ticket games.Some of the very things the previous chairman bluntly refused us.

WG also intimated that he would personally pay for four away game busses should we decide to run them.

Will elaborate further later.

Sounds good!

FINALLY! A supporters club being given the recognition they deserve! That's what joining a supporters' club should be all about - getting discount at the club shop and preferential rates for away travel.

About f'in time too! Well done the SC.

What?? No cynics commenting yet??? Are they stuck for words??

The last meeting I attended at Bayview was the infamous June 6th meeting, where the comment “I’d have been as well holding a meeting between the Israeli’s and Palestinian’s” was made by the organiser afterwards. I spoke a lot and argued a lot that evening and left feeling drained.

Last night’s meeting was a million miles from June 6th. Supporters suggested things which were welcomed and discussed, offers were made from both sides and there was a very upbeat atmosphere about the whole place. Like I’ve said before, we are not out the woods yet, but anyone who doubts that we are heading quickly in the right direction should really get down to Bayview and have a look for themselves. It’s like night and day.

This is brilliant. Well done the SC officers.

I also understand that Mrs Gray has taken a particular interest in the "Young Fifers" and that reduced rate season tickets, soft drinks and crisps have been provided as well as visits from the first team players.

It's loooking good but we need the final piece to be put in place.

Could not agree more with Igor. The meeting was the best Supporters Club meeting yet. I was quite sceptical about the new chairman until I listened to him. For me, it was not just what he said, it was how he said it.

I now fully believe that the Club is going the right way and that fans will be treated far better. The last year has been tough for the Supporters Club, with Derrick Brown being "the greatest off field challenge" to them. If all that was offered gets ratified by the Board, then you would be daft not to join the Supporters Club.