Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ross county game

well it was poor, don't like to critisise but o'rielly for him being 6ft3 he cant jump or hold a ball up, but now we can focus on the league title

Re: ross county game

Agree about O'Reilly, he was pretty gash. Was impressed with Blackadder though. Didn't think County looked 2 divisions better than us, particularly between them scoring goals 1 and 2. But never mind - roll on the league campaign.

O,REILY COULDN,T MAKE IT AT RAITH OR DUNDEE BUT DAVE MARTIN HIS AGENT AND EX RAITH MANAGER IS A VERY GOOD FRIEND OF WULLIE GRAY. NOTICED HIM SITTING WITH GRAY AT THE LAST FEW GAMES. NEED PACE UP FRONT, AND AT PRESENT JOHN MARTIN AND KEVEN GORDON ARE THE 2 WHO OFFER THAT. SORRY O, REILY BUT YOU JUST AINT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE FIFE!

kevin byers was at the game

Did anybody else spot Stevie Nicholas at the game last night or do we have a player who looks like him that would have been sitting with the rest of the squad in the stand? By the way, O'Reilly was rank. Thats the first time I've seen him and I was not impressed.

Fuxake! He's only had one start. Okay, he didn't have the best of games but the boy's still young and maybe needs a couple of reserve games under his belt.
Give him a chance...

Aye well done let's shoot a player down after one poor game! This is his first start give the lad a chance he's only around 19.

Never spotted Nicholas but he is still good friends with players in the squad so maybe that's why he was there.

As for Byers, well he hasn't been part of the Brechin squad this season, he would be a quality signing...

ANGUSFIFER WHEN I SAID O,REILY DIDN,T MAKE IT AT RAITH OR DUNDEE, WHAT I SHOULD HAVE ADDED IS I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I,VE SEEN HIM PLAY AT BOTH CLUBS, AND BELIEVE ME HE DOESN,T GET ANY BETTER. NO PACE, NO FOOTBALLING BRAIN, NO IDEA. HE RUNS ABOUT THE FIELD LIKE A KID PLAYING KICK ABOUT IN THE PLAYGROUND, JUST FOLLOWING THE BALL. GOD BLESS HIM. DAVE MARTIN NEEDS TO TRY AND TAKE HIM ELSEWHERE, IE A JUNIOR CLUB. BY THE WAY DAVE MARTIN ISN,T THE TYPE OF GUY YOU WANT HANGING AROUND YOUR CLUB. RAITH SOON GOT RID OF HIM.

NO NEED TO SHOUT GREG!

OPPS! shhhhhhh! sorry didn,t mean to be so loud, didn,t know I had backed this post up with AUDIO""""""

That's ok Greg. Sssshhh, nice 'n' quiet now!

i have asked someone about this dave martin and seemingly, he isn't craig o'rielly's agent, thats just bull.
And also he was at the games because he is a close freind to willie gray, he has put alot of good players from junior level into the senior game and has a good knowledge of football, only thing is he's prob a crook but lets face it who isn't in a sort of way
he put us up for the signings of i ross, r blackadder etc this summer so maybe he's not so bad???? never met him so i wouldn't listen to any scummy rovers supporter

Spoke with Stevie Nick before the game. He is at Stranraer but hasn't been starting regularly. He was at Bayview last night as he had come through with Gary Kelly. He said he enjoyed his times at Bayview and would have been happy to have come back but nobody from East Fife contacted him. In my opinion he would have been a good signing what with the others we have brought in. He holds the ball in well and brings others into the game. He also scored goals in a poor team so I think he could have done well now. There again he hasn't played for Raith Rovers so that reduced his chances of being signed by the present regime !!!

Bayviewboy? So that's your new name, Jim Hall!!