Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The trusts board rep.

Firstlly,i'm not in the trust,but have always supported a fans voice on the board.With this pending,i would like to ask how this will be done.Will it be an open vote for trust members,or simply a member ov the committee.Whoever gets the job,i fear,will have a hard job on there hands.The men in charge say there trust friendlly,but...well i'll leave it at that.Know its earlly days,and no disrespect to anyone here,but i hope Steve Gates goes for it.Don't really know the guy,but from what i hear,he'll give them a run for there money.Best ov luck anyhow,whatever happins.

Re: The trusts board rep.

I've no doubt the Trust Sec will also reply to this but please rest assured. This very matter has been occupying the Trust Board and will be resolved at its next meeting.

Whatever procedure is adopted it will be open and democratic and every Trust member will have the opportunity to stand.

Having said that as EFFC is a limited company its board elect any director and equally can reject anyone. There is absolutely nothing that can be done to challenge the legality of this.

You're right in saying that whoever is the director will have a hard job. The most difficult aspect - and I speak from having been in a similar role in the past - will be accepting that he/she is not a delegate but a representative and that when they are in the role of director they must by law ultimately address the interests of shareholders and not any other group. There's hopefully still plenty of scope to influence what happens and again my own experience was that it took a long time for me to be trusted by the rest of the Board and by the people I was representing.

To suggest that someone should "give them a run for their money" I think is showing too confrontational an attitude and if you go in with that then you'll guarantee conflict - which I don't think is in anyone's interest.

One of the hardest aspects is confidentiality - members want to know everything that's going on; the director often can't give out that information.

And to be perfectly honest that's one of the reasons I won't be putting my name forward. I had four years of being "piggy in the middle" and a lot of the time it wasn't nice.

Having said that if the person who does represent the Trust would like the benefit of my experience - I did eventually achieve several goals - then I'm quite happy to share it before or after whoever is elected.