Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I feel good...

The club are on probation as far as I'm concerned but I've got to say it feels pretty good to be having a wee drink, looking forward to cheering on the boys tomorrow.
I fucking hated every last minute standing on that mound last season. Okay, I was surrounded by fellow Fife fans, the salt of the earth as far as I'm concerned, and the banter was brilliant, but it was a miserable way to cheer on the boys.
Things aren't perfect right now but Willie and Sid know that if the faithful get pissed upon again there will be repercussions.
The first thing I did before entering the ground again was to buy a new scarf, the old one has been falling to bits for years. I think I'll save it for special occasions in the future. I'd like to see it as a corner being turned in the history of EFFC, a step in the right direction.
The board need the supporters and we need a group of directors capable of leading the club in the right direction again. We need each other.

Re: I feel good...

so, since fans are going back into the ground again is the embargo on buying club merchandise over as well?

As far as I'm aware there was never an embargo. Purely down to personal choice.
Mr Gray, purely co-incidentaly, was standing behind me when I made the purchase. Maybe this made a difference, maybe it didn't.
I'll tell you what though; the people that will have made the difference, once this whole episode is behind us, are the ones that have made the effort to stand up and be counted and actually contribute something to the proceedings, show that we care about the club. We might disagree about the best route forward but apathy is our biggest enemy...

Angus, I am with you on this one. I haven't been inside Bayview since January and have found it difficult supporting my team from the mound. Now that we have assurance that DB will be gone by the time Santa comes I feel I can return.
The chicken run on the protest day last season was my highlight, hopefully this year we will have some real footballing highlights to reflect on when the dust settles.
I have had a few beers and feel the enthusiasm building again. I have put £40 on us to beat the smokies on my Skybet account and am looking forward to 3pm and a wee song of "your no chairman anymore".
EF forever

I am looking forward to the game tomorrow with confidence we can beat The Smokies.

The protesters without question have achieved much since the turn of the year and watching Derrick endure the taunts of the fans as a mere director with no power is good. However should he still be around Bayview in any capacity other than paying supporter(ahem!)after the AGM my views may alter.

FORZA FIFE

Is there anything in writing to say he will be gone, or even be ousted ?.

I cannot feel good about the supporters by giving up the protest,I want to go back,but I have made up my mind I will not go back until he is gone,your part of the protest was the most enjoyable and it will never be forgotten,but we have to fight on,even if its only me it is still £10.00 brown is not getting to get his hands on,DOWN WITH BROWN, MY Protest is not over til the FAT BASTARD IS GONE, was going to say til the fat lady sings,but have you heard becky sing she kill me if she reads this.

Zak, get yourself a freebie and help give Brown some quality abuse from inside

Zak

Absolutely agree with Cod help us. Get the freebie from the shirt sponsors and cause mayhem (as usual)!
Kenny Hancock is the only guy I know who can fall UP the terracing. I have always felt a sense of inadequacy by only being able to fall DOWN.

ZAK a bit of the pot calling the kettle black, you calling anybody a "FAT BASTARD" look around when you stand on the mound, you stand alone or should I say , with all your friends.