Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
SPL2 Protests

It would appear that there will be a number of demo's to let the powers that be know what supporters think of the plans for the 'SPL2'.

There is a Fife protest which will take place at Central Park on Tuesday night during their game against Falkirk. Fans from all the Fife clubs will be turning up and taking part.

If you are interested in letting your feelings be known and want to assist our neighbours in ensuring that as much noise is made as possible against the plans for the league then you can let me know and I will pass your contact details onto the organiser or you can simply pop along on Tuesday.

FANS UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED

Re: SPL2 Protests

The setup has to change to secure the future of clubs who want to be progressive, the current setup does not work, and it is inevitable that some clubs will fall by the wayside. It would be a better idea to spend time ensuring your club is one of those which will still be in the system come the changes. They will happen.

Roger Mitchell was on Radio Scotland tonight.

Only heard the first bit but basically he feels that clubs like Montrose and East Stirling (and others obviously in our division) only play football for fun really and don't deserve to be competing with the clubs that want to do well.

He pretty much said that the 20 clubs in the SPL2 will be Scottish football and the rest can just go to fuck.

Bill Leckie then came on and called him a complete "buffoon"!

Worrying times if you support a club with no ambition. Let's hope we don't miss the boat here.

We will miss the boat if we don't have 3000 seats and pitch protection,as for allowing plastic pitches I don't think they let them in either.What it also does is kills any hope of some terracing at grounds. I can't understand why there is no safe standing at grounds. It happens in Germany and other countries so why not here?

For the future of our club it is imperative we get some answers and some action from the board in regard to there views on SPL2 - talk and promises are not enough - we need action to guarantee the future of East-Fife as a senior football club

Mike we can't even get any guarantees from our own club,so how we get them from anyone else, I will leave these protest alone, the fans at bayview are no longer united we have been DEFEATED,

Tht's rubbish Zak and deep down you are being bitter because Brown is still at the club(which is understanable) albeit in a powerless situation.I've said many times I am not happy with that but he is no longer Chairman and cannot win any motion at board level.

The fans will always have different opinions but we have certainly not been defeated, far from it. Derrick had the look of the defeated one on Wednesday beacause power is what he craves, clinging on for a short while at the club is his way of saving face.Lets hope it's weeks rather than months before he is totally gone.

Down with Brown and Forza Fife

GoF -

Roger Mitchell is an ARSEHOLE of gigantic proportions. But you have guessed that already I would think. This is the man who turned down a £60 MILLION television deal from SKY and had to resign when the BBC snatched the rights for two years for a pittance. He knows fuck all about football and surprise surprise has shown no interest in Scottish football since he stopped bleeding it dry. Had you ever heard of him before he became involved? No. And have you heard of him since then? No.

Whoever came on here and said that there has to be change for the ambitious clubs to survive - you mean the very same clubs who voted for the SPL in the first place? The very same clubs who caused the massive financial gap between the top two divisions by voting for the biggest clubs to be given an even bigger share of the money?

Bump

The press have been alerted to this and the idea so far is that fans from each club will be announced at half time. As many Fife fans that can make it to CP would be appreciated by the organisers. So far, we are not well represented.

Anybody who is interested please email me asap and I will pass your details on. Many thanks.

I would have went to this Kerriann but money's a bit tight at the moment and i'm probably going to go to the Supporters Club meeting on Tuesday too. I hope it goes well, mind wear your Black and Gold not Brown t-shirts

Fans protest against SPL2 plans

Fans of Fife's four senior football clubs will stage a protest against the proposed SPL2 during Falkirk's CIS Insurance Cup visit to Cowdenbeath.
The Scottish Premier League approved proposals by nine out of the 10 First Division clubs for a breakaway.

But supporters will protest with a minute's applause at half-time.

This will be "in support of a positive reconstruction of Scottish football that will allow all clubs to flourish at all levels".

Fans from all four Fife club's - Second Division pair Cowdenbeath and Raith Rovers, Third Division East Fife and Scottish Premier League outfit Dunfermline Athletic - have confirmed their participation.

Supporters from many other clubs are also expected to be in attendance, according to Cowdenbeath's official website.

Any news on the succesful protest at Cowden???????????????????????????????

Thought so. Will you ever get into your heads protests do not work.