Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Transport to Elgin

There are 3 of us from along the coast keen to go to Elgin, but no driver.
What is the train situation like?

Re: Transport to Elgin

The trains need drivers too I'm afraid

The trains are not running from Aberdeen to Elgin because of works on the line. A bus service will be provided from Aberdeen. In total a 4 1/2 hour journey!

The BURGER boys will be using a venga-bus for this journey. It is full I'm afraid!

The train is running from Aberdeen to Elgin, all they are doing is putting a bus on in between Inverurie and Keith. It only puts 20 mins onto the journey. I'm on the 11:09 from Aberdeen with a few neutral mates.

" I'm on the 11:09 from Aberdeen with a few neutral mates."

Already??

its no even 11.09 yet!!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I'm afraid that b@stard Lord Beeching closed down all the railway stations up the coast in 1965.
However, your nearest station is Leuchars, which can be reached directly on the No.355 bus via Crail and St Andrews (at least it was a No.355 when I stayed in Cellardyke over 28 years ago).
If you opt to depart from Kirkcaldy station, however, you'll have to board the No.355 west bound and change at Leven. At least you did in 1975.
I hope this information has been helpful to you.

" I'm on the 11:09 from Aberdeen with a few neutral mates."

I prefer ribbed ones!

Oh dear. Is it too late to pretend that the Venga Bus is full and there is no space for you

Ah you need me - for my haggling skills- "Pound a heed a guys"

Jim,

It's a number 95 now I'm afriad. Don't know what they did to the buses. The 95 used to go all the way from leven to dundee. Now it goes to st andrews and then you haev to change to a 99 to get to dundee!

I'd like to see you telling Gattuso that he's only a poond a heid. Good luck with that!