Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Before Igor Goes

I'd like top thank him for everything he has done (and is doing) to improve matters at East Fife.

His leadership of the mound protest was first-class and his organisatio0n of the march and of the many meetings was exemplary.

As I've said to him, if he ever decides to change career there another waiting for him in politics (as a Tory of course) or PR.

Thanks Matthew and all the best down south.

Re: Before Igor Goes

Agree totally! Thanks Igor, not everyone can be a leader of men(and women)and you did a fantastic job.
Good luck to you.

Dont personally know the guy - but I felt he always had the club at his heart - good luck for the future Igor - and Eugene who would want to be a namby pamby tory? - they have had there time at exploiting the masses - they are no more.

Igor,
To walk away from or ignore something you feel is wrong is easy. To try to change it often takes time,patience and probably some personal sacrifice.
You have given 100% to the protest yet have still been able say when you felt that a change of direction was required.
For what it is worth I think you have played a major part in achieving what was difficult to imagine nine months ago. We are not there yet but are well on the way. Thanks for what you contributed.

No words would say enough,Matthew.

Well done matthew and good luck mate gonna mis s your speeches

Best of luck Matthew!

Also, just a wee word to say that he gets it from his dad Kenny. He himself is a lifelong East Fife supporter and all credit to him for not only rearing a smashing & intelligent son, but for making sure he was going to be an East Fife man through & through!!

Well done Kenny (& Sheena of course, without whom it would not have been possible!!)

Thanks folks, it means a lot, although our achievements have been collective ones with everyone playing a role and I am proud of everyone who stood up for this club when they were needed most, now we see big changes on the horizon. You all know that had you not acted, we might never have witnessed those changes, thankfully we did.

I am sad that I will miss most of the games this season, I think we have a potential league winning side for the first time in many years, hopefully this is a reflection of the new optimism at the club.

The icing on the cake will be the inevitable announcement of Derrick’s departure, maybe I’ll get lucky and it will be during one of my trips home

I’ll still be online down the road, but I’ll see you all physically in October, at Stenhousemuir, where I fully expect us to have the league wrapped up by then

PS. Make sure there’s a supporters bus running that day, I want to get lashed

Bye Matthew will miss you. Thanks for the message of concern after my accident. Both Blair and I are on our way to a full recovery.Good luck on your new venture.

Good luck in your new adventure, thank you for all the efforts. We are winning now and nearly there with Deek. Best wishes

all the best m8

Aye, aboot time - fuck off will ye.

Never thought I would end up on the mound Matthew but you got me there backing your well organised protest.
All the Best for the future.

Good luck Matthew you did a great job as a focus for the protests and organiser of a lot of work both publicly adn behind the scenes.

I still cant believe you will be living near the Glory Hornet boys and supporting a tennis team tho. Maybe catch up with you down there as I hope to get to Vicarage road for a premiership game this season.

just get yer erse doon here slim.

All the best in your new job Matthew.
You've played a massive part in the changes that are now appearing at the football club by leading & organising the protests when something was so badly needing to happen.
The previous chairman has just constantly abused and disgraced his position and hopefully he'll be gone long before the AGM.
We must not let this effort go to waste. Let's all keep up the pressure from within.

See you at Stenny.

Good luck Igor, you were the only one who had his finger on the pulse. ANTI PROTEST.

All the best Igor, and take up some podeium lessons!

You old trot bastard!
Good luck mate. See you at the Pinner branch of the EF Supporters Club. Whatever you do don't invite that lunatic with the beard.

"Stain on the Club's name"

Good luck Mathew in your new career!

You can now go with the knowledge that your efforts were not been in vain. Last year must have been the most deoressing of all the 30 odd years I have followed "The Fife", but, your calm, intelligent and well organised protest has undoubtedly sped up the changes at Bayview.
It's great to go back in to the ground and hear people speaking in a positive manner about the direction the club is now going.
We are all aware that there is still work to do, but the "winds of change" are now blowing.
In the words of a famous ex footballer (or comedian)

"There's a buzz about the place"

PS, thanks for the lift the other week!

All the best Matthew and thanks for your efforts.

Mike, will you be down on Saturday 2nd or Saturday 9th? The Wombles are playing at home

All the best Matthew.

Not going to get a chance to see you tomorrow so all the best mate.

Cheers for everything you've done and good luck with the new life.

Keep us up to date with everything and write us an article on what it's like watching AFC for us (£9 to get in there too apparently!).