Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Who's calling the shots?

I may prove to be mistaken, but I suspect that the seeds of near-future strife are there between Willie Gray and Sid Collumbine. I say this because WG has only 2000 shares but seems to be running the show, whilst SC and his Twigg allies have maybe 30,000 shares, maybe more and I detect Sid being sidelined a bit. He may not be happy about that for very long.

These guys have no history of working together, indeed hardly even know each other, but here they are being presented as a "partnership". They aren't that and may not even really trust each other fully.

What happened to Collumbine's takeover bid and is he really happy to be playing second fiddle? I think we should know since looking ahead it isn't a satisfactory situation. And our friend DB will have smelt the possibility of playing them off against each other.

Re: Who's calling the shots?

"at the end of the day", Sid and Wulie are both expeienced businessmen who have invested in the club.
Please give them credit to realise that he may attempt that tack.
Would you listen to someone who has not put anything into your business?

What a negative post. Total speculation based on absolutely nothing.......

Watcher, I think you'll find that Chapter VII of The Prince, "New Principalities acquired with the help of fortune and foreign arms" covers the situation described.

P20, The Prince, Niccolo Machiavelli,Penguin Classics, ISBN 0-14-044752-0

Agree that it's a negative post.
For god's sake let's just get on with what we do best and that's supporting the team.
Stop looking for problems that don't exist.
Joint top of league, and still you find something negative to post. Terrible attitude.

Gray can only be chairman because the Collumbine/Twigg grouping will have agreed to it.

Sid is here because he wants a route into the SFA. He admits that. That's why he tried to get on to the board last year. His takeover bid has fallen short, and he has settled for vice chairman.

Don't forget that Collumbine is Rankin's new front man (both were at Dumbarton, and suddenly Twigg has tranferred allegiance from Brown to Collumbine...). He might not be chairman, but Sid is not playing second fiddle.

I think Syd iz quite happy to take a back door seat and let Willie be chairman.Don;t think he likes being in the limelight to much.Think wullies more experenced in these things,and hopefully,learned from his mistakes hes made in the past.

Well said Fifeyboab.

I cannot believe that after all that has gone on in the last few months that such a negative comment can be made out of absolutely nothing. Has so much underhand events gone on that we cannot be happy when things appear to be going right for us for a change. It seems that some people have to look for something to be wrong even when it's not!