Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Elgin Match Report

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it up to Elgin tomorrow any more, so is anyone able to do a match report for AFTN?

Doesn't have to be as long as what we usually go for, just the basics or whatever you fancy.

Just say here if you're up for it and either post it up here or email it to me and I'll stick it up on the site.

Cheers in advance!

Also, can't make the Shire game on Friday, so if someone wants to volunteer to do one for that, then doubly good

Re: Elgin Match Report

PART TIME SUPPORTER YOUR ONLY A PART TIME SUPPORTER

GoF, Jim Beavers writes a good match report on FFTW, i'm sure if you ask him nicely he wouldn't mind you using that? After all you don't want to have to reproduce the drunken ramblings of THAT WOMAN after she's been out on the lash all day when there's housework at home needing done

Going to a FFTW get together in the Earl David (Coaltown of Wemyss) this evening so no Elgin trip for me either today.

1-0, Jablonski

2-0 Fortune

And Stenny are 4 doon to East Stirling!!

Say we are top of the league

2-1 full time, a nervy last few minutes. East Stirling 5-0 Stenhousemuir WTF!!

Top o the league and you're no

Well done lads. Gonna keep it up and this season could be one of the best. Rid of Brown and Champions of the third.

And Joe Savage scores last minute equaliser against QP to make us go 3pts clear!! End the season now!!

Ya beauty!! Top Of The League! Hope we get a decent crowd on Friday.
BTW,Pingpong,you`ll be coming home sooner than you think.

Dinnae ken aboot coming hame, but I am off to Lithuania next week.... now wheres Jim Patterson so I can discuss away trips...????

Congratulations to all the team hope this is our season lets all get right behind the team well done again

Anyone else suffer spontaneous bleeding of the nose at around a quarter to five tonight?

Well done lads, top of the league where we belong. Noticed Westwood was sub goalie, are there no decent goalies in our under 19 squad?

Attention the The Bard of Angus! How a bout " "blackadders on fire, fortunes a flyer smarty keeps banging in goooaaallls" as the resurrection of our promotion season chant or should we just shut up an not tempt fate (two for the price of one on the smarty bit you see!)

We can also resurrect the original words to another song..

"...we hate the scum from Cowdenbeath, we are East Fife, top of the league"

"East Fife FC......Top of the league!!"

I know it is early days,but you cannot help but feel happy at our present league position.
DB is soon to be history,so let`s ALL reunite and help take our proud club forward.
Take a minute,and think of the feeling when East Fife lift the Championship Trophy...Hairs on the back of the neck and loads of tears!
THIS WILL BE OUR YEAR...BELIEVE ME!

'GoF, Jim Beavers writes a good match report on FFTW, i'm sure if you ask him nicely he wouldn't mind you using that? After all you don't want to have to reproduce the drunken ramblings of THAT WOMAN after she's been out on the lash all day when there's housework at home needing done'

One takes it that you are in Londonia Mattheeeeeyooo as I think that one would not normally be so very bold.

Now, my sober analysis of the match.

The first half was completely and utterly rank. Both sides were awful. Mr Baikie kicked ass big style at half time apparently and it worked! The players were much more focused and determined in the second half. At 2-0 we should have gone onto score at least another 2 but the Elgin keeper played a blinder. Then sneaky sods went and spoiled things by scoring!

When we returned Fifeyboabs people carrier to the Wellesley Inn we fully intended to have 1 drink then go home. 2 1/2 hours later we were poured out the pub! A few of the players were in there and we went onto to drink half the contents of the pub, get competitve over pool and have a bit of a sing song!

The Wellesley Inn and the staff - we salute you! Keep up the good work!

The players - you are doing us proud and the team spirit is evident which gives us all high hopes.

I love going to Elgin!

Join the ranks of reporting Kerrian!!!!!

Drining in OTHER establishments. YOU ARE NOT PROPER SUPPORTERS!!!!!!

Drinin should be drinking in above post not that I make mistakes they are all joint board decisions.

Seems like you had a good day allround Kerriann. I am looking forward to next Friday. I arrive home at Midday. A few hours kip and down to see The Fife from the stand for the first time in a while.
Let's hope we can keep the run going, but never understimate the 'shire.

"but never underestimate the 'Shire". Not often you read that in a sentence.

It'll be a tough game on Friday and we're not exactly a free- scoring machine ourselves, but I think (I hope) that their result on Saturday was a freak, one-off.

Can anyone tell me why big Sam Linton was subbed after only 29mins, was it due to injury or tactical?

It was injury.