Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
transfer window closes on thurs.

are there any rumours about possible signings or do yous think baikie will be quite happy with the squad with most of the injuries clearing up in the next few weeks.

Re: transfer window closes on thurs.

I can't think of any areas that need strengthened TBH. I think we have a tremendous squad that will cope when we have injuries. However, if Baikie was given more money to spend, I wouldn't complain! Maybe we need more experience players in our squad.

Goalkeepers are weak and we could do with a one or two natural goal poachers

What happened to the Tam McManus rumour?

Read today that Alex (The Ears) Williams is back from Australia and Dumbarton and Stirling Albion are interested. I know he has a chequered past but he is a proven goal scorer the right side of 30 - Could certainly do a job for us.
Tam McManus is rumoured to be interesting a couple of SLP and First Division Clubs.
I think we have a good squad of players but my concern is that we will be stretched over the winter when suspensions kick in and the older players struggle on heavy pitches. The older players like Ritchie, Crabbe, Mitchell and McGowan will take longer to recover from strains etc so we could have problems. Also the fact that Jabba is leaving in January for Australia.
Being top of the league is a good time to speak to players before the transfer window closes. Another couple of decent signings even loan signings will help our promotion push !

So is Jablonski leaving for good in January? That would be a big loss - and would leave us really thin in midfield. I tthought he had signed for the season?

Apparently Jabba is taking a year out to do some travelling. This ties in with Greg McD hopefully returning from injury to take his place in midfield

I think we have a good squad and we still have 3 players to return which will make competition for places even stronger.

Gary Kelly and Paul Hampshire could be back soon and Greig McDonald will be a great bonus when fully fit