Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FAO St. Pauli Fifer

Were you at the St. Pauli game against UNION BERLIN ?.
Was it a good game or crap ?. Do you think UNION will be near to the top of the league at the end of the season?.

Re: FAO St. Pauli Fifer

To be honest, I don't get to many games as I work most Saturdays and wasn't at the Berlin game.

Couldnae tell you anything about them - sorry.

Why the fascination with Union Berlin, have you seen them play? Isn't that the club with the skinhead fanbase - always fighting and rioting with Police and fans?

Is that not Cowdenbeath you are thinking about?

I have a relative who lives in BERLIN and supports them. I am aiming to go to BERLIN and see them. I am not sure about the fans, trouble etc. but will e-mail my relative and ask.

Hertha's fans are no angels either, but the worst of all imo are Hansa Rostock and Energie Cottbus.
Bad bastards!

Union Berlin have a bit of a left wing/anti fascist following and get on quite well with St. Pauli fans.
The game was 0-0 draw. This is a match report from the St. Pauli UK forum.

(http://stpaulifansuk.forumup.co.uk/)

"Well, not much to report, really. St. Pauli started off kicking towards the scoreboard - something they took a little bit too literally at times - but Union had the first chance of the game after just over a minute, when Borger was lobbed in no man's land, but the kick landed just outisde the left post.

After that it was one-way traffic for the next 75 minutes, with about a dozen chances in the first half alone. The best one was when Prokoph latched on to deflected shot by Joy, but didn't hit it right and the Union keeper got in the way. Schultz, who was the best player on the pitch, came off with a groin strain after 42 minutes, which gave Braun his first game time for St. Pauli.

The second half didn't (couldn't) live up to the pace of the first, but had St. Pauli's best chance of the game, with a perfect cross from the left from Prokoph which Braun somehow managed to head past at the right post. With about 15 minutes to go, Union suddenly realised they might be in with more than a point, and put St. Pauli under some pressure for the next 10 minutes. I was dreading the football equivalent of rope-a-dope, but it didn't happen.

Union can be pleased with the draw, and their 5th game without conceding a goal."

Thanks KIEZKICKER for the info.