Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Update

Whilst things on the park are very good justnow with the team flying at the top of the league, the same cannot unfortunately be said for the off-field side of things.

Willie Gray is currently out of the country on holiday, and in his absence, Derrick Brown (who is still seething from Gray's statement last month) is doing everything in his power to sabotage the recent achievements at Bayview. My source tells me that Baikie is at his wits end with Browns interferance and constant hassling, whilst the players are angry that Brown has refused to pay their recent expenses.

I hear that Gray was raging when he heard about this and will be paying this money out of his own pocket on his return, another alarming incident is McDonalds situation, after breaking his leg when the club were without a physio he had to pay some costs for his recovery, Brown has point blank refused to re-imburse McDonald and was heard accusing the captain of "trying to cash in" on his injury, unbelievable!

He has also been heard saying on more than one occasion "when I am back in the chair", he honestly believes he will be and is trying to brainwash people like Sid Collumbine into helping him achieve that, Sid talks a good game but will he have the balls and sense to stand up to the clown? I hope so.

Things may become clearer after Willie Grays return, but one thing is for sure, if we end up losing him we will also lose our manager and half our players, that will be devistating.

The supporters really need to make their feelings clear at Montrose tomorow as well as backing the team to another victory, its easy to get complacent whilst the team is doing well but if our run suddenly comes to an end and the heads go down we will know who is behind it.

Alot of money and hard work has gone into getting the team where it is, Brown is putting alot of hard work into sabotaging that.

Dont let him!

Re: Update

Looking forward to tomorrows game and the players will get 100% backing and Brown will get the usual treatment!

Spoke with WG during the week.
Matter's in hand.

No complacency - let's keep the pressure up.
Down with Brown.

I hate to say I told you so,but that is why I'm still on the mound,the wee prick will just not go away without a fight,but every one has let him stay by going back in just a bit too early we should have kept the protest going til he was gone completely,I'm might be alone but I will stay out til he is gone,he is a waste of space.

If the above is true, I don't see how Gray or anyone else can complain. It was bound to happen if Brown was not removed immediately. For some untold reason his departure is being put off until the end of the year. Instead he stays at the club, and causes further trouble. How can that be a surprise?

Brown is an ignorant little man and while he is still at the club it will always be to the clubs detriment - the club appears to be on the way up at the moment in spite of him - but while that amobea is still there it could all still come crashing down - we need to find a way to step up the pressure to get rid of him because he is so thick and simple I am sure he actually believes some people still want him at the club - well probably there are but then they have only got one brain cell also.

No alarms no surprises! derek hates injured players as he sees them as an unnessesary burden on the clubs finances. It should be made perfectly clear to him that he is the only remaining drain on the clubs finances and his recent activities amount to misconduct and acting outwith his role . Sack him now!!! Failing that any volunteers for a
a pair of concrete wellies and a big splash over the sea wall?

The forums been "Broon free" for a wee while now, but this post and the old folks raffle thread just sums the man up.Keep up the pressure lads and lasses,the quiker this mans oot,the better.

Once again,let`s not forget that spineless to$$er Kenny Mackay.

He'll get some flak tomorrow.

This thread is worrying and the initial post gives food for thought. Is it genuine or is it just some shitstirring? I tend to think it is true as we all know how Brown works. So if true what does that say about the assurances we have been given about Brown being sidelined with a definate removal at Christmas?

Either the new regime are unable to control Brown or do not have the skills to effectively ban him from having any influence on the club and its day to day operation. If they do not/cannot ban from the club, the 3 months to Christmas are going to be a constant battle and, despite assurances, no definate victory at the end. Because as the new regime needs time to as they say to remove Brown it also gives Brown time to marshal his support.

If as we have been told Oor Wullie has the casting vote why can Brown not be told to have no contact with employees/volunteers at the club and all business be conducted through an appointed director. After all "it is the board that runs the club now".

This highlights my niggling concern about the abilities and power that Sid and Willie have and if they will be able to fulfil their promise that Brown will go at the AGM.

So if Brown is continuing to be a negative influence in the club what can we the fans do about it? I would not like to renege on our commitment to back the club 'till the AGM. This would be making us like those such as Brown. But as I said the next 3 months could be stormy if the board cannot curb the Brown disease.

Any suggestions? Please be clean and sensible.

Surely if he is such a bad influence and deliberately withholding payments etc for players then he is not doing his job properly.

I would say that EFFC have grounds for starting the grievance procedure with verbal, written warnings etc and then they should sack the shit stirring wee shite for gross misconduct.

(personal opinon etc!)