Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Stakes are high as Deek plots his return to power

After speaking to a few different people connected with East Fife FC (who shall remain nameless) its becoming quite clear that Derrick Brown is working harder than ever to drag this club down and get himself back in the chair. How could he do this?

1. Firstly he is trying his damndest to sook up to Rankine and Collumbine, Rankine has the power to get rid of Brown (eventually) and Collumbine is pretty much his 'man on the ground'. Deek has been using the whole land sale thing to its full capacity, throwing multi-million pound figures around whenever he can.

2. Alienate and get rid of Willie Gray, Gray despises the little tosser, although he has the full backing of Hamilton and Hain both have little clout behind them, if he can continue to drive wedges between Collumbine and Gray and possibly hang on for his life at the AGM he knows for sure Gray will walk.

3. Gray goes, Baikie goes. He never wanted to appoint Baikie, Baikie takes no shit from him and Brown hates that, he wants Baikie out and if he can get rid of Gray he knows this will happen.

4. Back to square one, no promotion, no manager, no cash, Brown back in the chair keeping his masters happy with talk of land value.

The sad thing is there is very little we can do about all this apart from sit back and watch it unfold, and hope to dear god that he is kicked out in December. The stakes are high, very high and we have everything to lose if Brown can hang on.

The chairman, manager and players desperately need our support, as well as our continued campaign to hound this little worm at every opportunity.

I remember Dave Marshall saying at a meeting that no matter how good a team and manager you had, if Deek was around he could wear down the morale over a period of time, not just with the players but at the whole club. Hopefully the team can keep focused until Xmas but if things dont go to plan it will be unthinkable.

Re: Stakes are high as Deek plots his return to power

There is a lot we can do about it, and a lot we are doing about it on several fronts.
Deek is in for a few surprises in the near future.
Watch this space

We are watching. We are watching.

And we have been for some considerable time. All we get is it is going to happen some time in the future. If you do not have something positive to post just forget it. We are getting tired of vague promises.

CHU's post should be taken very seriously, although i'm sure the supporters will be organising, if not however its time to get some heads together, and make sure Brown's is the one that rolls!

There needs to be a serious concerted effort to get rid of this ignorant obnoxious little toad called derek clown - he has got to be the worst and most hated person to have been on the board in the clubs entire history

Igor, the heads were together then disbanded.......prematurely.

Nothing was disbanded, the mound protest was no longer effective and numbers were dropping fast. You'd probably be struggling to reach double figures on it by now but people are free to do as they wish (Kenny still goes on the mound for example), this will no longer further the cause however and other avenues should be explored to rid our club of this scumbag.

I think that the club are in no doubt that if Derrick remains after the December AGM there will be major problems. Even the attendees last season will realise the difference at East Fife now under the new chairman and a return to the old ways is not an option.

For those who are really concerned and can make it to the game on saturday,join me on the mound to show that things can go back to the protest,even just for one game,would let them know how much we want rid of Brown,if anyone who can give up their comfort for just half the game would show that we the protesters can still do it,let Sid know if the clown is staying,their will be more protests,I feel sorry for Willie Gray the man is really trying his hardest to make it work,but I think he needs our help it looks like Sid is joining the Brown camp,so if anyone who wants can join me on the mound and for the rest of the fans give brown hell keep on singing letting him know that,HE'S KNOW CHAIRMAN ANYMORE,and will never be chairman again,remember if you are going to join me on the mound mind yer wellies

I echo your concerns Zak about this, I spoke with Willie Gray last night and he is not happy at all with the level of support he is getting at boardroom level from his fellow directors.

They nominated him Chairman yet seem reluctant to allow him to lead. He is his own man and behind the scenes interference from certain individuals may drive him to walk away.

I feel (and the league table reflects this) that the changes Willie has introduced in the management and playing staff of East Fife is working and also an increased level of sponsorship but this will all be for nothing while an A**e hole like Derrick Brown is still around the club undermining him at every possible opportunity - Even to the extent that Leona in the office was told not to contact Willie for any matter, this was only discovered recently by a source close to him who was at the club this week when a problem arose. Instantly Leona went to phone DB for a resolution. When pressed why she did not go to Willie first the answer was that she had been informed (by DB) that he was the contact on the board for office staff on day to day matters, Willie had given no authorization for this as he likes to be very hands on with anything he is involved in.

As I stated earlier Willie Gray is sick to death of Derrick Brown being at the club as the man is a cancer to all the good work done by the majority of everyone else involved in East Fife.

He has told me that it has come to the stage whereby it is him or Derrick and in the coming weeks one of them will not be part of East Fife football club. I certainly hope that it is Willie who stays and I know the team and Dave Baikie feels the same backing Willie 100%. I do not want to consider the alternative it is too horrifying.

I think the last post proves what many ov us have feared for a long time.I hope the "other avenues" ov removing this cunt from our club are happing quiker than i fear they are.Was very tempteded to return,but now,well.....I was not a Gray "fan",but even I can see that the progress made off AND on the park,is a hell o a lot better than the time Broon was at the "helm".I hope all these people who attened the games last season and did not join in on the protest reallise this as well!!!!!

Lets give Brown and his backers the quality abuse they deserve from within. They must be getting a bit too comfortable.
Its easy for fans to be happy when all is well on the park. Let us not forget the misery of the past 3 seasons under Browns rule. No way shall we return to that. Wullie Gray has put his own money where his mouth is and deserves our complete support. Brown must go.