Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Thank you

I would like to thank everyone who turned up to the match on Saturday, I am very grateful for the level of support you have given me. If only that same level of support and commitment could be afforded by some of my fellow board members.

I will not lie to you, there have been some moments recently when I have thought of calling it a day but you deserve better than what you`d be left with. I may have ruffled a few feathers behind the scenes but rest assured I will continue to keep ruffling.

Thanks also to everyone who passed on some suggestions on possible improvements which could be made. These will all be brought up at tonights board meeting.

I am always available during matchdays for anyone to speak to me and also through the email address huggyray@fsmail.net which my son will pass on to myself.

Yours sincerely

Willie Gray

Who wqould have guessed it but it looks like I`m slowly turning into an East Fife Man !!

Re: Thank you

Turning into an East Fife man?

Seek medical help before it's too late!

Wille,if it is you,I hope that you get enough backing from other board members to get rid brown completely,I will be happy to return to the ground and give up the mound,and start buying things out of the club shop again,and buy programmes,but until brown is gone, I will stay on the mound and others will stay away,
good luck,
you are doing a good job.

kenny

Thank you,Willie.

I suggested to you on Saturday that if you were having problems carrying through your plans for the club to let the fans know.If we only have rumours to go on there is little we can do to help.I am sure that it was not my prompting that caused you to post on this site but I am glad that you did.

Nothing should be allowed to get in the way of Derrick's complete removal from the club.We are beginning the road to recovery as demonstrated by the teams performances.The fans will not take kindly to anyone who tries to hinder that progress.Stay where you are,Willie, and I for one will help in every way that I can.

Brown will not win.

The Club is totally different to what it was last season.

There's optimism and a good team on the park, along with smaller things like a good looking new programme and excellent choice in the pie stall (chicken tikka pies apparently!). That's all down to Willie Gray being on board.

If you need any help from AFTN Willie then just let us know.

Willie - please keep on being an East Fife man!

If you ever have any doubts about your faith, you know which Good Book to consult!

and where can people get this good book Jim???

It's great to have a winning team and even better to have a happy atmosphere around the stadium again. 2 things that were so sadly lacking during the poisonous "leadership" of the previous chairman.

Willie, hang on in there pal. The ordinary supporter is depending on you...

Keep fighting the good fight Willie, and like Dave says, don't think you need to go it alone, there are lots of supporters who are willing to help you with anything you need, and though im a few hundred miles away I still include myself in that category.

Keep going Willie, and I am glad you are becoming an East Fife man. There are other directors who would never be East Fife men even if their life depended on it, the phonies like Brown, Mackay etc. Thank you for what you have done in your short tenure Willie. The atmosphere, the team, the programme, the pies have all created a feel good factor. Most of all the hope that is now evident among supporters. You see Willie East Fife fans united will never be defeated. Welcome Willie as an East Fife fan. If you require support or help just ask the real fans. Good luck and thanks once again

Thanks to you Willie,supporting East Fife is now something to look forward to.
There is absolutely no way that the likes of Brown and Mackay will take away the pleasure that I and my sons will have in supporting OUR club in the future.

Stick with it.

Should there not be a private email list for this type of communication?

I wouldn't give Derek Broon the skin off ma sh*** never mind infor like this...

What a change to have a Chairman thanking supporters first, rather than slag them off and praise the shareholders. We all have a part to play in the resurgence and success of East Fife, let's hope this is the season we can rid the club of Derrick Brown for good and go up as champions. That would call for some celebrations x 2!

Keep up the good work Willie and all right thinking board members,manager,players and fans.

Forza East Fife.

Can I just agree with everyone else, thanks for your input Wullie. Something special's happening this season!

MON' THE FIFE!

Well said wullie - you've been a breath of fresh air.

Just to echo the sentiments of all others Willie, keep it going, the fans appreciate what you are doing.

Better team
Better atmosphere
Better match day programme
Better selection of pies

And numerous other things, supporting our team is now a pleasure once more

Keep going Willie, the end (of Broon) is in sight!

There's a buzz about the place

I concur

wullie you are the man please keep the good work up

Please can you provide confirmation on this page? Storry next week.

Eh?