Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
BOYCOTT ISRAEL

Whats with the boycott israel dont u people understand terrorism.Anti Semitism isnt a good thing for a low leauge scottish team.u sound like a bunch of Celtic supporters.ie Wankers.

Re: BOYCOTT ISRAEL

What's anti-semetic about it?

Pea brain.

Dear Pea brain?athesist

An anti semetic is a knob head who doesn't like jews our dear lord Jesus was a Jew.

He made Scotland a good Jewish Country that is why every time you reach for your wallet it hurts

six into twenty six will never go.

You know. I'd actually planned to take that down off the front page yesterday and just keep it up in the politics section, but hadn't uploaded the new page with all the other stuff.

Think I'll think twice bout it now. But it is coming down off the front page at some point.

I understand terrorism perfectly well. Hence the Boycott Israel thing against the biggest terror state on the planet.

Does looking to impose sanctions on Iran (ie: a boycott) mean that you're anti-Muslim? Any criticism of Israel apparently makes you anti semitic these days. Just ask The Independent's Robert Fisk. Total bollocks.

Please note it is the country not the people.

I'll drop you a wee email so you can air your concerns personally.

Well terror doesn't come in the form of Israel u lefty cunt. Read your history and look at the fears that have come true in this planet.And when you insult Israel you are anti-semetic.

Bell, yer a Bell end. Stop havering pish.

Dear Ding-Dong,

So I guess that means that all the American/British jews who have been protesting about Israel's policies/Lebanon/Gaza are actually anti-Semitic and hate themselves?

Dork.

Anti-Israeli policy does not mean Anti-Jew.

I can protest against American foreign policy, does that mean that I hate Americans?

GOF

You intimated that Israel is the biggest terror state in the world today.

Are you really serious? Or has your anti-Israel bias blinded your mind to the facts and let your emotions boil over?

Besides which, I refer you and other anti-Jews to my original posting in which it is stated in Holy Scripture that ALL ISRAEL will be saved. I can't find any reference in Holy Scripture to any atheists or opponents of Christ being saved.

On the point made by Bell who stated that Our Lord was a Jew : It is also true that His first apostles and disciples were also Jews. Christianity was taught by Jews, whcih is something that many bigots seem unable to comprehend.

So, to reiterate my point : If you think it is wise or "fashionable" to oppose Israel and fight against God - do so. But in my opinion anyone that fights against God is either mad, bad or evil or possibly a combination of all aforementioned conditions.

You sir, are a nutter.

Igor

Your ill-informed comment is almost precisely what was said about Our Lord and His disciples - so in similar fashion you are merely following the way of the world and have nothing to say or offer.

God bless you.

If you were such a holy man as you say you are, you obviously haven't read the bible, as much of the values taught in its pages are in dark contrast to your Zionist, money loving Jewish master race rubbish. Incidentally I am an athiest and have no supersticious belifs, but I do see people like you trying to "speak the word of God" as somewhat hypocritical.

"Go now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver is cankered: and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days. Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth; and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth. Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton. Ye have nourished your hearts as in a day of slaughter. Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you. Be present, therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord." (James, 5:1)

Also, Jesus himself moved among the poor and dispossessed and frequently attacked the rich. It is not an accident that his first act on entering Jerusalem was to drive the money changers out of the Temple. He also said that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God. (Luke, 18:24). The early Christians were on the side of the poor and took their part against the rich and powerful.

Now don't call me ill-informed again, you nutter.

It's all a bit heavy for me. I enjoyed it more when everyone was after DB

Igor have you seen,( loosechange911 second edition ) it is worth watching it's on for an hour and a half

both sides are equally wrong and do u know why???

they would rather support terrorism than support East Fife, shower of thick (etc) bastards

Lonefifer

Igor

Firstly I never claimed to be as you described me - a holy man.

I merely pointed out in my orignal posting that Paul foretold the time when all Israel would come to recognise the sovereignty of Our Lord and in that way would be saved.

You have revealed to everyone who views our exchanges that you have totally missed the point and that because you allow your anti Jewish feelings to boil over, your emotions rule you and not your reason and that is why you went into a childish rant. So, in conclusion : it is impossible to conduct a reasonable and sensible debate with someone who cannot control their emotions and no matter what you say in future I won't waste my time in responding to you.

However, I bear you no ill will and hope that one day your eyes will be opened to the reality of evolution in which you evidently believe - and have faith in - even though you can't explain the process.

Moshe

I really do think you're missing the point here. None of this is anti Jewish. It's anti Israeli foreign policy. It's nothing to do with the Jews as a race. It's the country and their murderous action in Palestine and Lebanon.

Not being religious in the slightest it doesn't bother me what or whom I'm meant to be upsetting, whether I'm going to hell, evil etc, as I don't believe it.

Everyone's entitled to their own beliefs and would never knock that. But when that's all you have as an argument to political issues it sadly holds no weight and just reads foolish.

hi Gof

I'm not in the least offended by your remarks. I don't take it personally and I'm in agreement that with you that we all have the right to our own opinions. Please appreciate that I try to support my view with evidence - in this instance what is written in Scripture. Now, I do appreciate that to you - who doesn't believe in the validity of Scripture - that it does read foolish to you. It could hardly be otherwise, could it?

As to your denial about this not being anti Jewish may I sugest please that you re-read SOME of the comments posted. I'll take you're word for it that you personally aren't anti Jewish and the reason you posted your Boycott Israel banner was your sincerely held belief that Israel's attacks against Palestinians is excessive. I believe I have understood you correctly?

However, I have to wonder why you have singled out Israel which is a tiny country surrounded by hostile Arab nations that support atrocities against Jews including acts of terrorism involving suicide bombers and other means?

Well that’s put to bed? Kid on politicians making statements that they have not a fucking clue what it is all about. GOOD NIGHT.Get back to what the site is all about.EAST FIFE FC.

Anyone noticed that the price of cheese (especially mature cheddar) has risen recently?

Yes and it's Edam shame.

To GOF and SPARKLE MOTION,

Well GOF I respect your attempt at an intelligent argument but all I have to say is be careful.Sparkle motion well excellent insult not like i've not heard that before any way with a name like sparkle motion the closet hasn't opened yet.And if you came to the South part of Scotland and the North of England back in the day us Bells would of surely kicked your arse.Then again i'm sure i could do it now.You probaly grew up wearing your mums clothes playing with barbies and when you got older taking it up the arse.Sparkle motion sound like a gay mans lubricant.