Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Supporters Club Bus to Hampden,arrangements

The bus to Hampden on Saturday will leave Bayview at 11.45 am.Pick-up stops will made at;

Methilhill Bowling Club 1150am
Lomond Centre,Glenrothes 12.00pm
Chapel Junction,Kirkcaldy West 1210pm
Bust stop immediately before
Halbeath Roundabout,Dunfermline 1220pm

The Club are happy to have the bar open from 1045am prior to our departure for the sale of tins only.

The coach driver is happy to have a smokers stop en route should it be required.

I would wish to reiterate that there will NO DRINKING on the bus.If we break that rule then we will need to seek an alternative coach for our future trips.

The 52 seats will be full so the team will have a good vocal backing for the match.

Re: Supporters Club Bus to Hampden,arrangements

Dave,
One of the three places I booked has called off.

Bust Stop at the Halbeath Roundabout!!!

Is that the red light district in Dunfy then?

TOC
OK

Can I sit beside the driver in case he comes across any cones?

Reminds me of my first time on the EFFC bus. We had taken a wrong turning on the way to the match and DB was fretting.

DB asked "Sandy the Driver" if he could make a U turn.
Sandy immediately replied; "Yes, but mind, it will make her eyes water".

Sandy was never known for his political correctness!

Anyone remember when the Spencers bus broke down at Stranraer. I also seem to recall that the driver won money on the horses and then got p!ssed!

Don't remember that one Tam but remember the straw filled antics to Stranraer that got us banned from Toolans!

Dave
Any chance we could get picked up at the crossing point on the Windygates by pass? Big ask but it would save taking car down to Bayview
Cheers

Walk down ya lazy buggers!

That's ok,Liam

The offer to have the bar open for us before our departure has had to be withdrawn I am sorry to say.For some reason Derrick has deemed that the team bus will be leaving at 1105am which means that the stadium will have to be locked at that time.Sorry.

I will run the bar for them

Re Broon - why does that not surprise me?

The odious wee shite obviously heard that something was going to happen to benefit the supporters, and decided to put a stop to it.

Cnut.

... hang on, hasn't he just denied the club a source of revenue by (indirectly) encouraging people to buy alcohol from other suppliers, rather than from the lounge?

I wonder what all right-thinking people in the Levenmouth area think about this?

One of the reasons supporters dont use the supporters bus is because it takes too long to travel to games. Supporters want a one stop bus, i.e. pick up and drop off with a direct route so as to cut down on travel time. I heard that this was discussed at a supporers club meeting and agreed that the bus would not stop at every village though they would have a stop in Glenrothes and again near Dunfermline. I now read that its calling at Methilhill,Windygates, holding on a few extra minutes in Glenrothes then calling at Kirkcaldy before finally heading for Dunfermline then hampden.

Why do people prefer to travel by car I suggest the answer lies in the above paragraph. Everyone knows it but no one wants to upset their pals so the status quo will prevail.

?????????

Your points are noted.It was discussed at the SC meeting that how the bus operated would be up to supporters and how best it worked for them.The stops today are on the main route the bus will be taking to Hampden.The coach company would not have agreed to stop otherwise.As I said,we want the buses to be a success and need your input.Thanks.