Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Willie Resigns

It is with great shock that I pass on the shattering news that Willie has resigned tonight.Where this takes us I cannot even begin to surmise.I am personally shocked and numbed.

Re: Willie Resigns

How do you know this, did you get it from Willie himself?

Please tell me this is some kind of joke!!!

It's unfortunately correct. I've just been phoned by Willie.

He explained he qwas unhappy at the lack of backing and that in his view Collumbine was supporting Brown.
The final straw came when DB issued a memo saying women were banned from the team bus thus prventing Willie's wife.
But in general it sems WG was being kept our of the loop and this was too frustrating.

Not sure what happens next.

That's us all screwed then!

We all need to rally together big time now and kick this scum of a man out of our club!

Get down to Bayview nice and early tomorrow for those heading on the bus to Hampden and give this little toad what's coming to him...

I did.Unfortunately this is not a wind up.Willie wanted to take Ruby anne and two guests on the bus tomorrow and Derrick said that that was not allowed. Willie said that he was not getting the backing of some directors and that Collumbine was working with Brown.This is a total disaster for East Fife Fc.

Absolute disgrace!

So what's the next step? Back to giving the home games a miss now for me! I am so pissed off the directors should be ashamed of themselves. Scum is too a polite word for them.

Igor, where are you?

But if Willie is the Chairman surely its what he says goes, that's what happened with Derrick, it is not up to Derrick who goes on the bus. Derrick's wife is usually on the bus, so what is all that about!! And even if Collumbine is supporting Derrick, what about Hain and Hamilton. Remember MacKay has gone.

Andy Hain is on holiday.

I think it's a fucking disgrace i can safely say this will affect a lot of the players as there is not one player at the club who likes brown, i can see this news affecting the team's performance as it's no secret that brown hates the gaffer

Where the FUCK do we go from here? I cannot believe this has been let to happen. Can we not have the BASTARD for sexual descrimination as well as gross misconduct on the O'Reilly incident.

We hate Brown more. There will be serious repurcussions now I feel.

I think this is a case of the Club not being big enough for Collumbine and Gray. Unfortunately, Sid has won. Willie seemed to be doing all the right things, putting together a good team on the park and listening to the fans.

What concerns me is who is going to pay the wages? Many of the standouts on the park this season, have a good history with Willie and are probably only there because he was.

Another concern will be the fans reaction. Many had started coming back and I did not think it was to far off that we would have 800+ crowds at Bayview. I think this will be the final straw for many, who have now been completely ground down by Broon's personal greed and desire to remain in control, whatever the cost to the Club he claims to love.

The nature of the cause for resignation is also very distasteful. What petty mind thinks of something such as stopping women from going on the bus? Perhaps he should take a second to think about the gender of the main shareholder.

Stunned and very pissed off at the moment,dont be surprised if balkie walks after Sat match.

A Very sad day........................

Just read this.

Totally stunned and can't even bring myself to say any more just now.

I think you'll find Baikie will walk next then the players.

A very sad day in the history of East Fife Football Club and one which we will not forget.

Well that's it for me I'm afraid, the scarf has been laid to rest in the bottom drawer.

I didn't go when Danskin was there because of what he was and I'm not going to go now because of what Brown is.

Totally gutted.

If this is confirmed and Willie cannot be persuaded to change his mind and hang in there this is the most serious threat to the future of East Fife ever.

In my opinion the cease fire in the boycotts and protests must now be ended unless Columbine sacks Brown now and invited both Willie and Davie Marshall back on the board. There seem to be more than enough grounds for this on the basis of the reports
If he refuses the protests should be Brown focused but not missing Collumbine and his mate from Dumbarton
If someone points the said gentleman out to me tommorow i will be only to willing to put this proposal to him and I suggest the whole travelling support do the same in no uncertain terms.

Cue ZAk sayin i told you so?

Your right I told you so,but I am not going to gloat

I am stiil holding on to the hope this is a wind up as Davie mArshall normally has his email adress on his posts and Ive never seen so many spelling mistakes on one of eugenes posts!!! Might be he is just tired and emotional but I sure hope its all a piss take

We all have a lot of hard thinking to do.As a first step I would like to suggest that we all call a meeting to which we invite Willie and do our utmost to get him to change his mind.We can then ,with Willie, call on the board to explain themselves.

Together,the fans and Willie need to act now.

Well that's it now for me. Nearly 40 years of watching and caring about my team is over.

Congratulations Brown you little, little shit. As for you Collumbine, you were full of empty words and false promises and cut from the same cloth as Derrick Brown obviously. Fuck off the pair of you and I hope the Manager goes too and leaves you right in the mire.

Doom, doom, doom

This needs to be got to tommorows papers ASAP, anyone know a hack that will do the story.

I have had this from someone at the club. Derrick the prick has opened a big can of worms tonight as the result Wullie HAS resigned he is totally gutted he thought he was getting somewhere but when he said he wanted his wife on the team bus prick face replied it was for the team and board members as his wife neither plays for East Fife or is a board member she is not entitled to go on the team bus. The manager was quite happy for her to go on the bus but Sid n prick face weren't. When Wullie suggested to them he was not happy as he was the chairman and he should have a say they just shrugged their shoulders. Wullie then resigned as he is not getting the backing from sid as he hoped. Davy n Andy are 100% behind Wullie and they are both gutted as well. Our lifes at the club are up shit creek now what's the betting prickface will be back in charge soon. I beg you all as East Fife fans PLEASE DO NOT let this happen.We need to get both prick face and Sid out before they damage the club any further.

We need to use this as a catalyst to achieve the immediate removal of Brown from our club.All and every East Fife fan MUST insist on the return of Willie Gray and then Brown's permanent departure.There are no alternatives.

Willie as chairman does not need anyone to tell him who should go on the bus, on a regular basis many of the directors wifes/girlfriends have gone on the team bus, in fact at one time Derrick was also asking fans to come on the bus. I personally feel that this is discrimination of women and coming from Derrick with his backing of 100 women it makes me furious. In act it is probably a breach of club policy.

So I hope someone is checking tomorrow who is getting on the team bus.

This is the worst possible news we could have wished for.Me and my dad both said when Sid came in he wouldn`t be any help and we were right.know that Willie Gray is away,is this the end for EFFC?
Thats another reason i never went back into bayview was because Brown was there and could still have a infulence and he has.
So tommorow fellow Fifers lets give Sid and Brown the most hostile receiption they can recieve and let them know they are not welcome at East Fife and shoud never be back at Bayview.
Fans united will never be defeated lets show Brown and co this tommorow,let our feelings known more than ever tommorow!!

This makes no sense

How can Broon tell Gray what to do?

Who was in charge?

Let's face it, the club is now fucked.

Just heard the news, Just to let you know that i am gutted at the way that willie has been treated, as he has looked after me and all the players since he came to the club. I can ensure you that the players will be working hard again tomorrow to get all three points for willie.

Oh and if Betty is on the bus tomorrow...........

How can anyone say anything against an outright boycot now ?

We have to let our feelings know tommorow.As many fans as possible should make the trip know it is so important we have a big following tommorow to make our feelings clear.
To fans who dont usually make the journey to away games please make the trip tommorow just to show the little shit and co that we want rid of them.PLease make the trip,its really that we ;et our feelings known and the bigger a support the more vocal and harder for them not to hear!
Another suggestion for tommorow is after the game fans stay behind and let Derrick and co know our feelings when they are on the team bus coming out of hampden.
I am sure that the Down with Brown t-shirts could be given to the players easily enough.

Has Willie resigned from the board completely, or just as Chairman?

I assume that Collumbine will take over with immediate effect?

What's the procedure, is a verbal resignation binding or does it have to be in writing (clutching at straws here...)

BOYCOTT FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

You all slagged ZAK about still protesting, do we hear a rumbling on the mound!!!!!!!!!!!

stunned!!!!!!!!!!!!

The club's not finished yet despite Brown.

At the moment the only way to deal with him is for Willie to be persuaded to stay and for he and Sid Collumbine to work together.

Let's hope they can find a way to do this as I suspect they are both seeking the same thing - the removal of Nrown.

I am absolutley raging at this news, I will see you all on Tuesday and we will take it from there

I haven't seen or heard anything from Collumbine to suggest he wants rid of Brown. The opposite in fact.

Now is the time for direct action,this comrades is your last call.
Will you heed the call up?
Enough talk those words have changed nothing.
Club or no club?
You all know their only at the club for the money, they dont care.

Stunned by this news.

Can't believe this has happened. Absolutly disgraceful, don't think i have ever felt so sick as a fan of East Fife is my entire life. Hopefully we can have a decentvocal crowd at tomorrows game to at least voice out disgust at what has happened.

Oh please Jesus no - does that mean Baikie will follow him out the door?

Gloves are off Derrick. See you in 7 days.....