Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Let's Encourage Willie to change his mind.

Willie you've made a huge difference to the club in a very short space of time.

I know it's hugely frustrating to have to deal with Brown but if you can just hang on there and work with Sid to achieve your aims then every East Fife fan will be grateful to you and Ruby-Ann.

Especially if you're seen to be bigger than Brown and treat his insulting behaviour with the contempt it deserves.

How about chaning your mind and staying on until the changes you've mentioned have taken place?

Please?

Re: Let's Encourage Willie to change his mind.

Willie.

Please, for the sake of all East Fife fans, stay on.

We will unite to rid the Club of Brown and Collumbine now too by the looks of it.

You've done too much to walk away now neebs.

Willie,

You can surely see the massive difference you personally have made to EFFC. Don't let Mr Ego undo all the fantastic work you have done up until now. What a complete waste of your time at our precious club if all your efforts were for nothing.

Please reconsider.

I agree. See my post on the other thread. Can Eugene and Davie not meet with Collumbine tomor and tell him straight that if this is allowed to stand all bets are off and last season will seem like a polite society covention compared to what may come.

Ditto to all the above.

Willie

You said it yourself, no-one deserves what will be left behind after you go. You have put a lot of pride back into this Club. Please swallow yours for a bit longer, Broon will loose. Come along with the away support tomorrow and we will show you exactly what you mean to this Club.

Willie, the ladies only considered coming back to Bayview because of your encouragement and support. Please reconsider. We along with most of the fans will never set foot in the stadium again as long as DB has anything to do with the club. The chances are there will be no club if he stays. The faceless Mr Collumbine needs to realise this.

Willie - the fans are 100% behind you. You've been a breath of fresh air into this poisoned club.
We've all come too far to let this parasite win.

Do not let that little runt get the better of you Willie.
As someone else suggested, sit with the fans...

Willie,
I don't want to over dramatise this but you have come to the club, overcome the initial scepticism and done exactly what you said you would do. To leave now will leave EF back in the hands of a man who has repeatedly
shown a total lack of respect for both fans,sponsors and officials of the club.
Stay on and beat this man. Don't let a petty chauvanist drag the club back into the gutter.
(personal views etc.)

Please don't let that weasel win. He's done enough damage. Please don't walk away and let him do anymore.

Willie. Please, please, please reconsider. Listen to the above posts, we are 100% on your side. I was so disheartened when i heard the news my plan for tomorrow was to go and Give the clown abuse and then not go to the game. My optimism will go if you resign and i will not go back after that. How come that clown can dictate to you [THE CHAIRMAN] who goes on the bus or not. Tell him that unless he pays the Sfa fine for HIS incompetence HE will not go on the bus.

Why has no one actually punched this clowns lights out by now, God only knows. BROON YA WEE FAT CUNT IF YOURE READING THIS LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING. WHEN SOME ONE IS HATED AND NOT WANTED AS MUCH AS YOU IT IS BETTER TO GO QUIETLY. IF YOU PUSH THE WRONG PEOPLE FOR LONG ENOUGH [WHICH YOU HAVE ALREADY] IT WILL BE TOO LATE TO GO QUIETLY. I SUSPECT YOUR PUSHING THE WRONG PEOPLE TOO MUCH RIGHT NOW.

Willie

Every East Fife fan would like you to stay.

Wille please stay at Bayview and get Sid,Derrick and co off the board asap.Make your own way to Hampden tommorow and sit in the fans and lets us pursuade you face to face to stay.You can give Derrick the sack for the Craig O`Reilly thing so theres a perfect chance to get Derrick to FUCK!!

PLEASE STAY WILLIE EVERY EAST FIFE FAN IS 100% BEHIND YOU.

Willie, it looks like the Rankine/Twigg/Collumbine group are probably the real reason that Brown still has any influence at East Fife.

I hope that you reconsider your decision and with the backing of the EF Supporters I would like to see you take full control of the Club.

C'mon the Fife.

Willie - you have to stay.

If Broon is seen to have won, then what will happen next will make the last 6 months look like a picnic.

We won't see crowds over 500 again anyway.

Wullie,

Please stay on, the boy's are all happy with you at the helm don't let that RAT win, the boy's have got something up there sleave and are 100% behind you at the end of the day we as players can have a big reaction to get this little shit out, I personnaly think if you leave the gafer wil leave and then what?? A great start to this years campaign ruined, lets face it we are going to win this league but we cant without you...

The boys are wanting down with brown t shirts so we can parade them on match day's

To a player.
I`m sure that t-shirts being given to the players could be arranged easily enough for next weeks game.

Reality check here - is a player really going to wear a t-shirt denigrating (how ever rightly) the guy who signs off his expenses?

I don't think Wullie can change his mind if he's resigned he's resigned. He cant just change his mind and say he wants to be chairman once agin. Derrick had his shot in the hot seat and things werent very pretty but he loved the lime light. Wullie made one big mistake when he took over fron him, he got the players and fans on his side, and we all know oor Derrick doesnt like that.

In short, though I'm too stunned to put it eloquently : we're fucked

I would have thought that Willie would need to put it in writing, given Derrick love of written procedures,

Willie, I urge you to please reconsider.
Since you were made chairman there have been huge strides toward getting the fans back on side and make the club a success. You have built a team and backed a good manager to bring success to Bayview - we are on course for our first championship win in decades. Your open statement to the fans enthused and encouraged many to return to watch the team. Derrick drove many fans away and you personally started making inroads into bringing them back into the fold. The way the match programmes have been published the communication on all levels has surpassed anything DB could muster in his dismal reign at the helm.
I am personally gutted at this news as I fear if you do not return our great club faces a downward spiral. You have shown yourself to be a leader of men and have won over the sceptics who were cautious of accepting a Rover to Bayview. Please return and see of the cancer that is J Derrick Brown, you are a bigger man than he will ever be and you earn respect by simply being YOU.
The fans, are behind you 100% and I personally would be willing to help in any way I can.
Please reconsider and lets make the club a success, together.
Don't let the club die.

Were not fucked. We have to rally and get started again, it's as simple as that. Let's make life even more difficult for broon. With a concerted effort and proper planning, meetings etc we will get this little prick out of the club. At first i was seething when i heard the news, now i just want to get the job done once and for all. We the supporters can't let the club down, we have to fight on. I think the underlying anger amongst fans will be even stronger now. Top o the league-Manager of the month-chairman who wants success and that little cunt has to go and fuck it up again. The players are all probably calling each other by now, the manager too. Great mental preparation for tomorrow, Eh!

To A Player
Send me an e-mail and i will post my down with brown t-shirt to you from Devon

Willie i can only repeat everything what has been said on here.

Willie,
I would love you to stay at East Fife. Please reconsider your position and be assured of my support and thanks for all you have done.

This website has never been so cheery in the past few months. That in part is due to your efforts.

Want a T shirt?

Got S,m,l,xl,xxl. All ready to print but limited number.(about 20 all together)
Phone 421639 to book one for collection on Sunday at 10.00 outside the stadium.
"Doon wi Broon" or anything else legal.

Please reconsider Willie. We need you now more than ever.

Been out tonight and back now but still seething at how one little prick can cause so much hassle for so many.

Willie, if there's any way you can undo your resignation then you have to. You only have to read this thread to see that the fans are 100% behind you.

Many were sceptical at the start but you have shown how a football club should be run. We were even joking last week that we were in danger of becoming a proper football club here.

You have to fight from within. Keep your enemies close etc.

Dave Baikie must be reconsidering his future. He must be persuaded to stay.

If any player wants my Down With Brown t shirt then email me and you're welcome to it.

I am so gutted that I can't make the game tomorrow now. To those going, don't direct all the attention at Brown. Collumbine is the main man to blame here.

Sorry GoF.Brown and Collumbine are both to blame lets us get rid of Brown he is the cancer,as we have said all along,we the fans must make a stand once and for all or forget about it,let us get rid of Brown Rankin Collumbine now,or let them sell us and we will be no more, there is no time for silly protests,that give in at the first sign of a promise of small promises,if you want rid of Brown we must fight the fight or lie down and die,if we fight we must fight to the end this time,if we do not have the guts to fight,lie down,as we are doing now and let Brown win, you have all called me all the names that you wanted it has never bothered me I was right,but now you must all realise BROWN MUST GO,AND GO NOW, LOVE ME OR HATE ME I DON'T CARE,BUT WE MUST GET RID OF BROWN NOW,AND FIGHT FOR WILLIE GRAY FOR YOURSELVES AND THE FUTURE OF EAST FIFE FOOTBALL CLUB OR DIE THE DEATH OF THIRD LANARK,CLYDEBANK AN AIRDRIE. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN.

i cant make hampden today,but i will be down at bayview before 11am,and urge all fans to turn up.

Willie has the support of the players, management, volunteer staff and fans for what he has achieved at EFFC.

Reconsider Willie, see who is supporting you, its got to be worth more than those who are trying their best to undermine you.

For the situation to improve we need Willie back and for him to work with Sid Collumbine so let's bear that in mind.

Menawhile please reconsider Willie.

forest fifer, We aren't getting expenses from that wee shit anyway, lets just say one of the boy's had trvelled about 150 miles x3 aweek and BROWN gave him an expense of 3 pound !!! work it out 450 mile trip and he say's that only 3 quid every player HATES him BIG time, one player i won't name was about to go rip the wee shit's head of last sat because what he had done with the team tactics, but a few of us calmed him down,,

DOWN WI BROON

A Player-

Aye I can understand all that, but I'm just concerned that wearing the t-shirt may (in some wee shite's mind anyway) construe bringing the club into disrepute.

I don't want to see people having their contracts terminated, that's all.

"because of what he'd done with the team teactics"

Interesting, please explain...

Apparently he handed over a team list to the Berwick Rangers management (as you have to do) but the one he gave them had stuff like who's picking up who at corners, plans, etc written on it (I imagine it was Baikie's or a coaches copy).

Allegedly.

I have had one of my worst 24 hours as an East Fife supporter. Having read all about the worst news yesterday and again this morning, I went to work in a foul mood, saw the score on BBC, not realising that Willie was back. The relief tonight when our chairman resumed his duties was almost as good as sex (don't tell Mrs Travel Agent). My faith in the big man upstairs has returned.