Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Willie Gray is not the answer

EFFC is in the firm grip of Neil Rankine. There have been countless stories, rumours and promises about imminent change, and about Rankine being fed up with Brown. Total tosh.

Forget the cheap talk. It's a pack of lies. And next time you hear something similar, take it with a pinch of salt.

Rankin is happy with Brown. If he wanted rid of him, he would have done it long ago. Instead, he has manipulated his pal Sid Collumbine on to the board to shore up Brown. The Rankine contingent has been strengthened by the appointment this week of John Sharp to the EFFC board of directors.

Willie Gray might have been chairman, but he only has 2000 shares. If he wants to run EFFC, he will have to buy that power. It is only logical that, in a boardroom battle, a minor shareholder will lose.

Rankine is toying with us. And it is quite clear that he is now playing games with Bruce Black.

If you want to take effective action, target Rankin. he is calling all the shots here. Brown's beligerence is the effect, not the cause.

The first port of call is Samantha Twigg, age nine.

Re: Willie Gray is not the answer

Sh was nine two years ago!!!

If that's what you've been told then your connections are not up to much. I will now disregard whatever you said in your other post because you have just shown that you don't know what you are talking about.

Cannot disgree with your comments, the DUMBARTON connection seems to have some clout after tonights happenings for definite.

"Willie Gray is not the answer" Unless the question is who should be in charge of East Fife, Derrick Sid or Willie.

'can't say' is giving you all a message that should be heeded. Rankine's cronies are working their way to the top of the EFFC tree and with his blessing. Two clubs are about to be shafted very soon the ramifications for both do not bear thinking about. Fife fans were warned about Collumbine's duplicity a few months back, but in the clamour to hear what you wanted to hear, the bigger picture was lost. Next saturday's game now has added significance.

What about a dual protest then?

I reckon the Fife fans should meet with their Dumbarton counterparts for a pre-match pint/discussion.

Both fans might learn something,

Bump

I heard from ex player who i wont say ,that willy gray was great with all the players and never once missed a payment in all the time that willy was there. The reason willy left the club was because sid and peg leg stevenson went behind his bck and willy lost their trust.All this shit that willy gray cost this club thousands was nonsence ,The man was a great guy and put a hell of a lot of money to get the club succsses and thats what he done.The money he spent would make you all sick if you new how much it was.Would love to see him bck but that wont happen till we get rid of the 2 crooks up stairs.

Sons Insider
'can't say' is giving you all a message that should be heeded. Rankine's cronies are working their way to the top of the EFFC tree and with his blessing. Two clubs are about to be shafted very soon the ramifications for both do not bear thinking about. Fife fans were warned about Collumbine's duplicity a few months back, but in the clamour to hear what you wanted to hear, the bigger picture was lost. Next saturday's game now has added significance.

I was bumping this up in particular.

friend of ex player
I heard from ex player who i wont say ,that willy gray was great with all the players and never once missed a payment in all the time that willy was there. The reason willy left the club was because sid and peg leg stevenson went behind his bck and willy lost their trust.All this shit that willy gray cost this club thousands was nonsence ,The man was a great guy and put a hell of a lot of money to get the club succsses and thats what he done.The money he spent would make you all sick if you new how much it was.Would love to see him bck but that wont happen till we get rid of the 2 crooks up stairs.

Wow, all that money and such success!

I don't how you measure success by mate, but I don't think being a bottom half of division 2 club that can barely attract 500 fans though the gate each week is really a club that is any better placed than before big Willie put his millions in. Cowden, Brechin and others have done better with a lot less resources and we still are no closer to finding out who really owns and runs the club.

St Pauli Fifer
Sons Insider

I was bumping this up in particular.

Substitute Dumbarton for Livingston.

pie