Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
O/T Some Useful Hints for Right Minded People

Often as public-minded citizens we come across situations that we want to complain about so I’ve put together some useful addresses for people to copy and print for future use.

Tax
You may know someone who has acquired assets (e.g. shares) that do not seem to be justified by their apparent income. If you suspect anyone of this then use the free Tax Fraud line 0800 788 887. You will not be asked your name.

VAT
Some dodgy companies do not declare all of their income for VAT purposes – perhaps by organising a sports event and understating the attendance. Customs have their own free phone number: 0800 59 50 00

Football Clubs
There are strict rules that govern anyone involved in football clubs. For example it is against the rules to collude with another person to allow them to have a significant share in more than one club. If you suspect anyone of this then you can contact either
The Scottish Football Association
Hampden Park
Glasgow
G42 9AY 0141 616 6000

Or

The Scottish Football League
Hampden park
Glasgow
G42 9EB 0141 620 4160

Company Law
It may be you know a limited company that doesn’t seem to abide by the legislation, e.g. by not informing directors of meetings or providing adequate information to shareholders. In Scotland you can contact:
Company House
37 Castle Terrace
Edinburgh
EH1 2EB 0870 33 33 636

Benefit Fraud
A sadly increasing feature of today’s society is the tendency for some folk to claim benefits they’re not entitled to e.g. being off work sick yet carrying on paid activity for someone else. The free phone number to express your concerns is 0800 854 440

Sex or Other Discrimination
Many public bodies have strict policies in place to ensure that everyone is treated equally. For example Fife Council have strongly enforced guidelines and if you suspect any council employee of breaking them by e.g. treating women unfairly then you can report it to
The Chief Executive, Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes KY7 5LT or 08451 55 00 00 or at www.fifedirect.org.uk/complaints

East Fife FC
If there are any issues you wish to raise about the club contact the secretary. As Mr Brown often works from home it may be best to use:
J. Derrick Brown
‘Lyncol’ TWork 01592 413619
Largo Road TM 07766 558410
Leven TH 01333 422770
Fife KY8 4TB F 01333 426376
derrick.brown@tiscali.co.uk

Re: O/T Some Useful Hints for Right Minded People

lol

Eugene,that is oe brilliant post.

Ah changed days Eugene - gone are the days days of long hair - the endless parties - the protesting and fighting the establishment - the days of looking at life through beer goggles - or the melencholy philisophical discussions as you draw on a good bit of ganga - now there are only the signs of age and responsibility - how life passes by so quickly.

Mike, gone are the days of hair let alone long hair!

Yip it's hard when you can be regarded as part of the establishment you used to rebel against but at least I haven't sold out completely unlike many of my student politician sidekicks like Straw and Hain who are now cosily part of new labour!

True - there are always those he will sell out to the establishment - but they were usually those with the inferiority complex anyway and it was something they needed to do for there own ego's - basically sad little people - not like those he picked fights with police horses - I hope its name was not JC!

Eugene, we thought you were a Lib Dem supporter.
Remind us who New Labour are sharing power with again?
That's right!

I fell out with the Lib Dems locally a few years back because of the very fact they'd sold out their principles by joining up with Labour in the Scottish Parliament.

Mind you I've still a lot of time for My Man Ming.

"I know where the Arctic Monkeys come from and I know that they have sold more records than The Beatles"

Menzies Campbell 2006

He maybe meant in that particular year Igor