Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Double Standards

Hearing about JDB refusing to allow Mrs Gray on the team bus is, quite frankly, unbelievable. Then again, this is J Derrick Brown we're dealing with here and anything seems possible with this TWAT, apart from his departure from Bayview.
I remember travelling on the team bus down to Gretna a few years ago. The bus was supposed to stop in Inverkeithing to pick up a loyal East Fife supporter of many years standing, but JDB told the bus driver to keep going as he claimed not to know about the pick up. The supporter in question, a close friend of the Chairman at the time, Bruce Black, phoned Bruce on his mobile and the Chairman had to make a detour in his car to pick up the stranded supporter.
When the bus eventually arrived on the outskirts of Gretna, Derrick instructed the driver to make a detour to the local shopping complex so that his wife and daughter could go shopping for the afternoon!!!
You just couldn't make this up!!!
J Derrick Brown. Fucking WANKER.

Re: Double Standards

Unbelievable, but un-surprising

On another trip to Gretna, the supporters bus brokedown and JDB wanted the team bus to keep on going without stopping. The driver stopped and picked up the majority of the fans.
Add your own comments.!!!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable, but very true.!!!!
I know who the "left standing" supporter was and we were outside the pub accross the road watching the team bus go on a shopping trip an hour before KO.

On a trip to play Inverness he detoured the bus through Newtonmore to pick up his daughter's boyfriend.

Whilst I was on the board I asked him if he would pick me up in Windygates on the way to Elgin to save me leaving my car outside Bayview."No,if I do it for you I will have to do it for everyone" was the reply.

En route to play in the Falkirk area he detoured the bus through Torryburn in order to deliver something to his father.

And there is more I wont trifle you with.

I was always under the impression that Derrick Brown didn`t have a Father!

Trifle away Dave.

Jim C should write another book with all this!

When Brown was chairman he demanded the right to be able to invite who he wanted to travel on the official bus and into the boardroom.It is a pity he did not give that discretion to his successor.