Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
so its the status quo?

Its good news that Willie did not follow through with his resignation. However things have come out during the last 2 days that are more worrying. It is becoming more obvious that we have been lied to along with Willie, and that is that Brown has not been sidelined and it is unlikely that he will go at the AGM. If we carry on as we are I think the powers that be will take the chance and allow Brown to stay possibly citing "legal and confidential" reasons why he cannot be removed.

What can we do to help Willie and the club to get rid of Brown. It is certain that the general boycott and mound protest were having an effect and hitting the shareholders in the pocket. This whole situation is about money and the possible sale of the ground. Brown managed to get investment into the club by dangling this asset and selling shares at much reduced prices and it was not to Fifers or fans of the club. They had to pay much more. There were dirty tricks going on at that time and much has been hidden and Brown wants it kept hidden. I bet if Willie asked for the books for the years in question Brown would not let him have them and that is why he needed to be kept as secretary/treasurer. Maybe others were involved and that is why he gets the support from the shareholders (ie an implied blackmail).

You need to think hard before the meeting on Tues and decide what can be done. But in your deliberations I suggest you do not trust what sid says as it is obvious he is not to be trusted. Just ask Willie about it.

Re: so its the status quo?

I spoke with a senior member of the board yesterday evening who told me Broon would be out following a meeting to be held this Wednesday. As he said "if he doesnt go after that then there is something seriously wrong".
Fingers crossed.

JY, we have heard it all before

There is a saying, "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is". I think this is one of these instances and won't be holding my breath.

Is this weds meeting a board meeting which are normally held on Monday. And is it a coincidence that it will be held after the Tues fan's meeting?

"And is it a coincidence that it will be held after the Tues fan's meeting?"...

Must admit this struck me as curious as well. Is there any merit in postponing the fan's meeting till Thursday so it can be held when we have a better idea of where things stand?

It is just a coincedence as the date was set before we knew Willie had changed his mind about resigning.

We spoke with him on Satruday at Hampden and he and Ruby-Ann will be coming along along to the meeting to explain matters further and to hear what supporters have to say.

It's a good chance for anyone who can manage along to express their support for Willie and their contempt for Broon.

It's also the opportunity to plan various courses of ction depending on what happens at the club later in the week.

Better to be pro-active than re-active Kots, we need to cover all avenues on Tuesday.

Surely Brown's position as Secretary/Treasurer is now completely untenable?

What with the O'Reilly farce and now this, what more does he need to do to get the boot?

OK, I know he can't be kicked off the board (yet) but surely he can have his day-to-day responsibilities removed.
Leona would do a better job, I'd bet.

And as for all those "insiders" who said at the start of the season "nothing will change, Gray and Brown are the best of pals, etc", well what do you have to say for yourselves now?
Haven't seen Little and Large posting recently, have you?