Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Baikie

Hows this for a radical view-point. Baikie is a fraud. Tactically inept, gutless and living on a false reputation.
This man does not speak to those left out of the squad! does not engage in any dialogue after a game even when the players are trying to make valid points. His training is antiquated, players spending most of the time standing about getting cold. He is a fraud with no real knowledge of the game. Mitchell, Fortune not stripped 2 weeks in succession. Smart on the bench after displaying no effort midweek during a defeat to a poor Junior side. Blackadder thinking he is a super-star. A man when questioned in the past chooses to break his questioners cheek-bone! The players dont like him or respect him which will result in another mediocre season. The man is a fraud and we will wise up to this fact in time.

Re: Baikie

Fuck sake, get a grip!

We have a big squad to going to be hard to please everybody but after yesterday's performance changes will be made and hopefully the likes of Mitchell and Fortune will now get their chance again to stake a claim for a starting place.

I am fully behind Baikie so are the majority of fans. We had an off day and we should learn from that! He picks the team not us, let him get on with it.

Agree Joe.I think its going to be a hard season with at least 4-5 teams going for the title.Already results have shown that nothing can be taken for granted.I would not even rule out Elgin yet ov at least getting to the play offs.I hope insider iz well off the mark.Only time will tell i suppose.

"Insider", are you perhaps the club treasurer/secretary at Bayview?

He is talking crap,if that had been me who said that I would have been slaughtered,Can anyone deny that.

For fcuk sake, your top of the league. Would you have thought this was possible a the end of last season?

You've almost got rid of Brown, surely things are looking good? I think Baikie will get you at least into the play-offs.

Fingers crossed for derbies with all 3 in Div 2 next season.

Ask Tayport or Arbroath fans if they think he's a fraud. He did a good job with us coming 3rd behind Gr£tna and Peterhead who were almost unstoppable that season.

Vince, the "insiders" post is not the view of any East Fife fan I know, far from it, it's either a wind up or it has come from the Brown camp in another pathetic attempt to try and turn people against our chairman and manager.

iam 100% behind the gafer, we had abad day, at the end of the day we can point the finger at individuals but as a TEAM we are all to blame right back to the kit man, so to come out with this its a joke!!!!!!
God the man has a few personall problems at the moment so maybe thats why at the end of the game we didn't have a dressing down, but we will et one!!!

As I watched the game yesterday, I knew there was something missing from the teams performance but couldn't put my finger on it. You 'a player' have made it clear to me. There are some things you just don't see from the terracing and only becomes clear when it's explained by someone who's actually participated in a game. IT WAS THE KIT MANS FAULT, thank f@ck someone told me!!!!

correct he didn't use the correct softner in the underpants and they were itching our balls the whole day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very good 'a player' I'll give you that one.

it is a radical and over-the-top point of view but there is more than a hint of the (clearly unacceptable) truth in insider's post

Insider your comments are a complete embarassment to yourself!! I'm involved with the gaffer just now and have played under him for many years and I can guarentee you there is not a better man for the job, EFFC are very lucky to have the gaffer at the club, i've played under many managers including Frank Conner Jim McLean and Craig Levein, in my humble opinion Baiker is by far the best out the lot, he lives and breathes for the club he's involved with soon as the game id finished on the saturday he is focussed on the next game by 10 to 5!! He took Arbroath from rock bottom of the 3rd division to winning it in his 1st season winning the 2nd division the next and finishing in the top 5 of the 1st all in consecutive seasons, he has won the junior cup on 3 occasions which is probably harder than winning the senior version!!! His track record is unquestionable he breeds success and a wiining mentality at EVERY club he's been at, it is no different here, the dressing room atmosphere is 1st class and every player and support staff are 100% respectful of him and behind him, this is from inside the club where i see it all week in week out, i would gladly take bets on automatic promotion the gaffer knows what it takes to win this division and i have no doubts we'll do it.
As for the cheekbone nonsense you don't know what your talkin about, if you knew the other person involved and the abuse the gaffer took you would find out yourself you would've chinned the guy long berore the gaffer did.

This is a lesson to all. Never post anything whilst drunk! My comments were out of order and unneccesary. Whilst I have reservations, I have no right slamming a man I do not know. I am not involved with the club in any capacity and never have been. I humbly apologise for my stupidity to all.

Aah, it's been a funny old weekend.

What a hoot from 'rep'. Johnny Rep? Or just a Reptile?

"There is not a better man for the job." Really?

"Baikie is a better manager than Jim McLean and Craig Levein." Right...

"Winning the junior cup is probably harder than winning the senior version." Aye, the senior cup is a giveaway. Ask any Hibs fan. Last win: 1902.

"You would have chinned the guy long berore the gaffer did." Speak for yourself, thug. The judge didn't seem to take such a philosophical view of events.

Very good "me" everyone will be taking your opinion seriously giving your vast experience in the game, if you'd played under the aforementioned managers then yes your opinion would be valid and you would be entitled to it, but spare us the comments and futile criticism of things you have no clearly no evidence to back up, why not use your time more productively and get behind the gaffer and the team and justify yourself as a "supporter" he is doing a terrible job right enough having spent all season minus 5 or 6 players and sitting top of the league, oh and ps ask 150 odd junior clubs how much times they've made the last 16 of the competition far less the final! I bow to your knowledge

Gaun yursel Rep. I knew after the 1st game at east end park 29 years ago that The Fife was in your blood. Remember 2-2 at Dens park in the cup? Ofcourse it's in your blood.:)) Just took a little time and circumstance for it to come back.