Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
To the supporters

I feel it is my duty as chairman of East Fife FC to enlighten supporters as to the reasons of my resignation on Friday evening, which was later rejected by the board and withdrawn by myself.

On coming to this club last year, I witnessed mass protests, marches and boycotts against former chairman Derrick Brown, who was at the time, a friend of mine and the one who invited me to Bayview. “What could be so bad?” I thought, watching the supporters tirelessly campaign against this man.

Now I know only too well!

Since my appointment as chairman Derrick Brown has shown no respect for any democratic decisions made by the board, he has sought to make life as difficult as possible for all concerned at this club, from the directors, the management, to the players and those who work in and around the stadium.

I have been appalled at his conduct, and due to yet another unpleasant incident last week I had decided that enough was enough and I was going to call it a day. However, I began to regret this decision almost instantly, the support and backing I have received from the fans, players and everyone at this club has been an inspiration to me and re-affirms my view that we are working together to make East Fife FC a force in football once more.

I will not let the actions of one man destroy this aim, when I took over as chairman I said that I will work with everyone who shares this goal to get the club back on its feet, I make that point again, we will take this club forward and those who attempt to sabotage this have no place at this club, not today, not ever.

I want to thank everyone again for their support, and I look forward to seeing you all on Saturday.

Willie Gray

Chairman

Re: To the supporters

Thanks for that Wullie.At least your eyes have been opened to what the supporters have had to put up with for the last 3 years or so.I told Sid outside the stadium during the Raith friendlly that Broon would cause you or Sid nothing but problums if he was to remain at the club,even if it was picking up glasses in the the club bar.Only youself and the board can now get rid ov this cancer.Call a E.G.M.Sorry to say,you will not see me on Sat or any other Sat until this parrasite is removed from OUR club!!!!

Willie as one of the fans who returned their season tickets to Derrick Brown, in your presence, last season, in fact I returned it a second time at the last home game of the season, I wish you well in your endeavour to get rid of Brown.
I have no intention of returning to Bayview as long as the "man" is associated with East Fife. When this happens, I will gladly return to my seat H15 and carry on supporting the team.
I'm glad that you never resigned as you would appear to be East Fife's only salvation at this point in time. Your chance should, hopefully, come at this weeks board meeting meeting,or at least you'll then realise where you stand.

J Derrick Brown is a poison and a cancer in this club, his removal is the most important factor at Bayview today, and the fact that someone like Willie has taken this struggle into the boardroom with such strong support from the fans is very encouraging and i'm sure the little runt is on his last legs. This could be a very eventful week!

Keep fighting the good fight Willie

cheers willie,lets all hope yous can have him removed once and for all and we can all move on without his interference.

After a long and determined campaign of protests in an endeavour to rid our club of Brown the toll began to tell on those most heavily involved and it should not have been a real surprise that when we saw Brown lose his chairmanship and were asked by Willie and Sid to return to supporting our team and leave Brown's total removal to them that we grabbed at their offer.Personally the tension and tenacity of the protest had left me mentally drained and I know others who felt the same.

Whilst our batteries have been recharging we have listened and read in dismay that not only might the board's attempts to remove Brown be floundering but that he was,in fact,regaining lost ground to the extent that he was running the club again in everything but name.Willie's "resignation" on Friday showed in no uncertain terms that those at the helm of our club were being rendered rudderless by the very person they promised us was powerless and on his way out.Well,we have given the board their breathing space to no effect.Now is the time for us to reactivate ourselves.

I don't think that I am being melodramatic when I suggest that this stand could well be our last and that if we don't take it that we could live to regret it.Everyone associated with East Fife needs to come out and back Willie now and stick with it till Brown is out.Now is not the time to make excuses for not getting involved such as"it is not the fans place to say who should be a director" or "I am doing this for the club,not Brown" or "protesting is an embarrasment".Brown will be our downfall if we allow it.

Hopefully Brown's latest act of stupidity will be his last.We need to decide what our stand is on Tuesday and ,with Willie,see this to Brown's end.If you can't make it to the meeting on Tuesday then phone or e- mail Willie with your support.It is going to take us ALL to succeed but succeed we will.

Re: To wullie

i hope you never think of resigning again wullie,with you , all the fans and shareholders that support you we will rid our club of the most universally loathed person in the history of effc.we have had 3 years of this cancerous twat at our club,it is now time for everyone concerned about the future of effc to stand together and be counted.the likes of stevenson,hamilton,hain and all the others helping this little piece of shit stay at our club should be ashamed and if they are not happy with him being sent packing they should all do the decent thing and resign too.i cant make the meeting but i will support any decision you make and be happy to help in any action you decide to take.see you all on saturday effc forever.

Thank you for the informatiom Willie, I for one am very grateful you reconsidered your position. I also hope that the meeting the board have on Wednesday hastens Brown's departure.
A simple comparison of the positive things you have achieved in a short time. Matched against the utter calamity, despair and negativity that Brown's tenure has brought to East Fife should suffice.
After all the board should be making decisions on what is best for club and shareholders, that obviously would exclude Brown from any further part in proceedings

"parasite" - a very apt label for Derrick.

Having been disposed of as chairman, he and his wife still remain?Where is this man's dignity? Where is is pride, self-respect? where is his shame!?

Time to embarass him on Saturday. Time to show Rankin et al how much this guy is loathed.