Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
EFM back page for Exiles

CONTROVERSIAL former East Fife chairman Derrick Brown has
been asked to resign as secretary of the club after dramatic events over the weekend.
Current chairman Willie Gray handed in his resignation on Friday evening, which was rejected, after growing frus¬trated with the antics of Mr Brown.
But now vice-chairman Sid Collumbine has had enough and called for Mr Brown's resig¬nation in a letter on Monday.
He was expecting a response from Mr Brown as the Mail went to press and vowed to sack the secretary if he refused to resign.
Angered
Mr Collumbine said: "As far as I am con¬cerned no one person is bigger than this club. "I was angered and dismayed over the media circus at the weekend.
"I have now written to Mr Brown asking for his resignation.
"Unfortunately, there isn't an avenue at the moment to remove a director from the club but that will be looked at during the annual general meeting."
Mr Collumbine has reiterated the role Mr Gray has at the club.
He said: "1 brought Willie Gray in to be chairman and director of football.
"The team and promotion is his -remit while the other issues will be decided by the board on a one man, one vote basis.
cratic decisions made by the board, he has sought to make life as difficult as possible for all concerned at this club, from the directors, the management, to the players and those who work in and around the stadium.
"I have been appalled at his conduct and, due to yet another unpleasant incident last week, I had decided that enough was enough and I was going to call it a day."
But the support Mr Gray been given has helped reverse his decision.
He explained: "The support and backing I have received from the fans, players and everyone at this club has been an inspiration to me and re-affirms my view that we are working together to make East Fife PC a force in football once more.
"I will not let the actions of one man destroy this aim, when I took over as chairman I said that I will work with everyone who shares this goal to get the club back on its feet.
"1 make that point again, we will take this club forward and those who attempt to sabo¬tage this have no place at this club, not today, not ever."
The East Fife Supporters' Trust has backed Mr Gray in his bid to oust Mr Brown from the club.
A spokesperson said: "The trust is 100 per cent behind Mr Gray in removing Mr Brown from the club."
cratic decisions made by the board, he has sought to make life as difficult as possible for all concerned at this club, from the directors, the management, to the players and those who work in and around the stadium.
"I have been appalled at his conduct and, due to yet another unpleasant incident last week, I had decided that enough was enough and I was going to call it a day."
But the support Mr Gray been given has helped reverse his decision.
He explained: "The support and backing I have received from the fans, players and everyone at this club has been an inspiration to me and re-affirms my view that we are working together to make East Fife PC a force in football once more.
"I will not let the actions of one man destroy this aim, when I took over as chairman I said that I will work with everyone who shares this goal to get the club back on its feet.
"1 make that point again, we will take this club forward and those who attempt to sabo¬tage this have no place at this club, not today, not ever."
The East Fife Supporters' Trust has backed Mr Gray in his bid to oust Mr Brown from the club.
A spokesperson said: "The trust is 100 per cent behind Mr Gray in removing Mr Brown from the club."

HOW THIS PERSON CAN STAY AND SUFFER THE GENERATED HATRED IS BEYOND ME.

Re: EFM back page for Exiles

That was so good i read it twice!