Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Statement from the board

on the official site;
From Willie Gray and Sid Collumbine
There has been considerable speculation about the position of Derrick Brown at the club. We can confirm that Derrick Brown has now been relieved of all his operational duties and responsibilities at the club. He has also been requested to resign as a Director and confirmation of his resignation is expected shortly when legal details have been finalised.

In terms of taking the club forward a number of changes are planned at Director level and these will be put to the Board for approval later this week.

Re: Statement from the board

yabadabadooooo.GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH.

I want to see his, and her, resignations from the board before I darken the doors of Bayview again. It's been quite a long struggle but the man is so thick-skinned, it wouldn't surprise me if he attended Saturday's game.

As far as Brown being a director is concerned there is not much room for manoeuvre.

If he chooses not to resign then he can only be removed by an AGM or EGM. I understand that this will happen if need be but obviously will take time organise.

Willie Gray, Sid Collumbine and other directors have made it absolutely clear he is not welcome on the board and it is equally clear that he will have no influence on anything even if he is brass-necked enough to stay on.

The other thing is that he remains a shareholder although of course he actually owns far fewer shares than are registered against his name in the share register. There is mothing that can be done about that unless he chooses to sell them.

As far as I'm concerned he no longer exists at EFFC and I'm really looking forward to Saturday when let's hope we'll see the start of the return of the supporters who have quite rightly stayed away.

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes(I'm a big softy really) but they are tears of joy.As far as I am concerned he has gone and I am personally overjoyed.I am proud of every one of you for what you have acheived for our club.Please give yourself a huge round of applause and a sound clap on the back.

A PERSONAL THANK YOU TO YOU ALL FROM DAVE MARSHALL.

I don't normally have a drink on Thursdays but...

I drink everynight but will push the boat out this evening. And as luck would have it I booked in a day off tomorrow too. Perfect timing.

Happy days are here again etc, etc...

Im so exited im going to stay sober tonight. Top news . If he does have the neck to turn up on Saturday how a bout a "Your no teaboy anymore" chant!

I hope he does not turn up I would hate to leave,and it would spoil my party on the hill if he does. well done everyone,well done willie I am due you a pint when brown goes

So Zak - will you be back in the ground on Saturday?

Happy days and greetings from Spain. Byebye Derrick etc etc!!!!!

it looks like it

Mmm, maybe the board have been a bit hasty

About bloody time!

Congratulations everyone and shame on those who stood by and did nowt.

I hope they've also told brown he's not welcom at bayview in any capacity. Will he turn up on saturday, blazer & all?

For as long as he is a director, he's entitled to turn up (not that I want him to!)

Doesn't mean he won't get dog's abuse if he does though :-)

I'm not sure that he is. Does the club have a director's privlages policy?

I think I speak for everyone when I say... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE