Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
O/T FAO anyone living near Hawthorn St Leven

Sorry for posting this on a football forum, but this is doing my nut in. Every night, I can hear a low droning/humming noise that goes on all night and keeps me awake. Been going on for weeks. It's so low that you can't hear it if there's any other noises like television etc. Sounds like it might be industrial machinery, like maybe from Balfours or Donaldsons but I just can't pinpoint the source. Could even be something to do with the sewage plant.
Brian Lawson - do you hear it at your end of the street?

Re: O/T FAO anyone living near Hawthorn St Leven

Could it be the bakery next to Hawthorn Street?

could be your pc.????

Maybe it`s Mrs Costorphine.

Jim,what di ye prefer?The "humming" noise or the "humming" smell thit the tangles yised ti gee aff in Cellardyke herber?
It least wi the noise,ye de get the flees!!!

Jim could it be a cat scarer they let off a high pitch noise which deters them from entering the visinity humans not ment to hear them but afraid they do.

Its not a bee in your nightcap is it Jim?

Sorry to hear your not getting much sleep Jim, good thing my hearing is not what it used to be, I can't even hear the house alarm when it goes off.
Nobody in my houswhold has complained so it must be just up your end

James, tell Mrs C to switch off her sex toy before placing it back in the bedside cabinet, this will rid of the "humming" noise.

Aye, just as I thought, any old excuse for mirth and jollity. Sides splitting. Stoppit! Stoppit!
Seriously, though, I had thought of most of these things and switched off the mains in case it was an electrical device. No difference.
As for the bakery - it was demolished a couple of years ago to build flats. Pity, because when we had the windows open during the summer you could smell the rolls and bread getting baked through the night.

Jim, It's just typical that when someone has a problem
your so called friends just laugh.
I think it might be your hearing aid.