Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Elgin trip arrangements

Stewart - what train will you guys be on on Saturday? What's the arrangements with getting train ticket from you etc? Do Stuart Mackie and me just meet you guys on the train at Kirkcaldy?

Re: Elgin trip arrangements

Jim, just make up some marmalade sandwiches and wear a large lable with your name on it- somebody will pick you up and take you away.

Are you going to lend him your coat Eugene?

Surely you've got two weeks of housework to catch up on!

Jim and others, I'll be getting the train at Kirkcaldy too at 10.42 so I'll see you at the station about 10.30 with tickets.

Looking forward to the first match free of Deek and more able to fully support the team for the first time in ages without distraction.

Theres a space on the team bus now

Excellent Stewart, thanks.

Jim,

I shall pick you up at 10 at the end of your street beside the bakers if thats ok?

Stuart

Aye, just follow the humming noise!!

Stu - perfect!
BTW, if you're taking your own car, it might be better to park at my work (Telephone Exchange) and walk up to the station as I've heard there's been cars broken in to in the station car park recently. If so, allow an extra five minutes to walk up to the station.

I plan to drive to Elgin can anyone tell me how long it will take from Methil and what is the best route.

Probs take 3.5 hrs. Can go A9 then turn off for Grantown-On-Spey (A95), then turn off at Craigellachie (A941) OR up to Aberdeen then the A96 through Huntly. Personal preference really.

Think it's in the region of 165 miles either way.

There's a Social Club right at the ground.

KotS

You gonna be heading up?

I've heard that the road from Aberdeen to Elgin is a bit dodgy - you can get stuck behind slow moving vehicles like tractors etc., although I've never driven the whole length personally. I've done the A9 route the other route and, although it does seem to take for ever, I reckon it's safer.

Prefer the Aberdeen route.Gone that way by car and coach and the road has been improved lately.

havin travelled up n down from there for bout 6 years I would defo recommend the Aberdeen route (A96)

the whisky trail (Aviemore, Grantown) is very scenic but this time of year is full of tractors but even at a clear run it takes longer

Let the train take the strain.