Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Coverage in this weeks EFM

Note who once more "wasnt available for comment"

If true that the cancer is floundering, hoping for another club, look out cowden and shippy

END TO BROWN SAGA EXPECTED SOON
EAST Fife's new chief executive Sid Collumbine admits former chairman Derrick Brown is still 'causing some problems' in a bid to remove him from the board.
But Mr Collumbine insists the matter will be resolved sooner rather than later, even if that means holding an extraordinary general meeting (EGM).
It is rumoured the delay could be down to Mr Brown looking for another club so he can stay on the SFA board for his final year.
Mr Collumbine said: "Mr Brown is still causing some problems. He said he would resign last Wednesday but we are still waiting for him to do so.
"But he will be gone, willingly or unwillingly, and we may have to hold an EGM.
"There isn't any avenue at the moment to remove him as director but we will look to change the constitution.
"But I think Mr Brown will resign. It is sensible to do so rather than hold out. He has to accept his time is up."
But providing stability at the club it isn't all about getting rid of people.
Following a board meeting on Saturday, the club has announced four new associate directors _ all previous directors at the club.
Former chairman Bruce Black has been appointed company secretary and Jim Stevenson as football secretary, while John Barclay will work on commercial matters.
Dave Marshall, who resigned as a director in protest against Mr Brown, will look after the stadium. All are set to become full directors in due course.
Mr Collumbine, now the majority shareholder, said: "Everything has changed and now we have involved ex-directors and given everyone specific roles.
"The associate directors have been given official titles to work at the club.
"They are not on the board but they are all keen to be so."
Had the board not acted swiftly, the East Fife Mail understands the volunteers, including groundsmen, would have refused to turn up on Saturday, putting the game against Dumbarton in jeopardy.
Mr Collumbine, in accepting this was the case, said: "There is no question the volunteers wouldn't have been there on Saturday if Mr Brown had still been in position.
"I discussed it with them all before putting their concerns to the board.
"But there is a feel-good factor now and we are making the changes to move the club forward."
Mr Collumbine also believed the Supporters' Trust had an important role and, with chairman Willie Gray a member, felt it already had influence on the board.
He said: "Willie Gray is already a member of the Trust and keeps them informed while I will probably join myself."
Mr Brown wasn't available for comment as the Mail went to press.
04 October 2006

Re: Coverage in this weeks EFM

"Mr Collumbine also believed the Supporters' Trust had an important role and, with chairman Willie Gray a member, felt it already had influence on the board."

Don't agree Sid - I think that only an elected trust member would have the influnce the Trust seeks.

Absolutly! Brown was a member of the Trust and I don't remember him acting in its best interests. Although I think its a positive move of both the chairman and vice chairman to want to join the trust, they shouldn't begin to think that we are all stupid enough to think that we will be happy to have them represent us on the board!.

Brown has left a lot of us suspicious of possible hidden agendas. Now, I want to believe that we have a board of directors working in the clubs best interests and the best way to ensure that is to have a properly elected trust member appointed.

Nothing less will do.

You'll be lucky!