Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
OT Romanov tells it like it is.

http://www.itv-football.co.uk/Story/0,14272,6107_1573356,00.html

""Romanov in monkey tirade
Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov has launched another astonishing and bizarre attack on the Scottish press.

The Lithuanian businessman has been critical of the media since he took charge at the Edinburgh club, claiming a bias in favour of the Old Firm.

Romanov even banned the Scottish Sun from Tynecastle after they printed a picture of Rudi Skacel allegedly spitting at Celtic captain Neil Lennon last season, and his anger increased when he was blamed by sections of the press for the shock home defeat to St Mirren on September 9.

Now, Romanov has released a bizarre statement to the Scottish Sun via the club's official website, in which he describes Sun journalists as 'monkeys'.

It reads: "I'm very glad that you finally got down from the trees and found a worthy place for yourself - a safari park. It shows you have both the habits and instincts of monkeys.

"I'll visit the director of the safari park and ask for a personal cage for each of you.

"One thing is very important. First you have to pass the quarantine rules and the vet will vaccinate you against rabies.

"So you are not allowed to join the monkeys yet. You should notice how peaceful they are. You may affect them badly and they'll become furious. They'll start biting and drawing cartoons.

"I think it should be very comfortable for you to write your so-called 'reports' from your cage. It will feel like your natural habitat. Besides, the fans will be quite safe and aware from now onwards who you really are.

"I will bring your favourite Celtic scarves right inside the cage for you to wear. And if you behave like our monkeys Chippy, Rosie, Blossom and Pansy, I'll give each of you a banana as a reward.

"Also I can organise a party - like the one we had in Kaunas on the eve of the Lithuania v Scotland match - in the safari park, specially for you.

"There you will be able to take funny photographs of yourselves as a memento of your lucky escape from rabies." ""

Brilliant

Re: OT Romanov tells it like it is.

We dont need the foreigners pee them off
TA

Any man that has such a high opinion of Sun journalists is fine by me.

Nothing wrong with his opinion…..the sun has always been a bunch of fucking wankers…

Fucking spot on as far as I'm concerned.

Don't buy The Scum!