Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
todays game

Anybody returned from the game, able to give us a report please.

Re: todays game

They're probably all still in a pub in Elgin getting hammered after watching the Scotland match!

Just for the record all nine of us who travelled by train behaved like the proper gentlemen which we are.

Could not get a drink in the Elgin pubs as it was standing room only elbow to elbow, in the pubs we tried to enter, because of the Scotland game.

In my humble opinion we were Lucky especially after the penalty miss.

A good day was had by all.

Fookin hell we like to make life difficult for ourselves.

2-0 up and we should be cruising but took our foot off the gas and allowed Elgin back into it and a cross was missed by Dodds for Elgin to get score their 1st and Dodds had no chance with their 2nd and we started to ride our luck with backs against the wall for a while, but a good finish from O'Reilly to put us 3-2 up que mayhem in the terracing

We weren't at our best again but we're winning games and not being at our best, the sign of champions I hope.

Special mention to the ex Raith Rovers fan who managed a free return train journey to Elgin and who will now be on the next round. Damn fare dodgers!

The class of our third goal merited us the win.

Highlight of the game for me was when Tam Courts took the ball off Blackadder and gave it to O'Rielly to take the penelty, a real captains decission, the way Blackadder grabbed then held onto the ball it was obvious he wanted to take the kick. Young Craig stepped up to take the kick and promptly missed, I bet Tam felt pish, and I had to have a wee laugh to myself.

Don't think courts should have taken it of blachadder i recon he would have scored, and god knows why baikie has went with courts as captain he doesnt come across on the pitch as a leader, very good worker but never a leader