Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Euro 2008 qualification

Does anyone know how many automatic qualification and play-off places there are from our group. Do the first two go through or is it just the winners of the group ?

Re: Euro 2008 qualification

Found it...

Uefa has decided to make changes to the qualifying format for 2008.

The qualifying phase consists of one group of eight teams (Group A) and six groups of seven teams (Group B-G).

There will be no play-offs - the top two in each of the seven groups will automatically go through to the finals.

The 14 qualifiers will join hosts Austria and Switzerland who are guaranteed their places at the finals.

When qualifying gets under way in September 2006, the teams will play each other country in their group home and away, with the final round of games taking place in November 2007.

The draw for the Euro 2008 finals is provisionally scheduled for December 2007.

I know it's still early days but you can't help but look ahead at what we might achieve here.

It would be our greatest ever qualification, I think, if we got through this group.

Wednesday's so vital though.

Win every home game and Faroes away = 24 points. Must be good enough for 2nd?

it will probably come down to us needing something from the last game with Italy....it wouldnae be Scotland otherwise.....!!!!

I can't concentrate on qualification yet. I need to give it a few days until my horrendous hangover disappears! All these happy days involving football are no good for my liver!

Serious dilema here - Scotland and East Fife keep up the good work versus a healthy liver.

I suppose I'm still young enough for the damage to repair itself (Tam, you'd better be careful!). How much is the Priory for a short term stay in June anyway?

You could always treat your body as a temple as I do and refrain from bad things.

obviously no mirrors in your hoose???Eugene.

Eugene,

Is it your body or Kerriann's that your worship? I couldn't make up my mind from your post!

For the purposes of clarity I was referring to my own body though some harsh people might say that "whitened sepulchre" is more appropriate than "temple".

Whitened sepulchre
Now, i don't care where u come from, but that's funny. Am still laughing, brill' Eugene.

How many EF travelled to Elgin? Another good 3 points for you boys.

Shame you missed out on Hampden - IMO it was the best atmosphere ever.

Away to pack for Kiev, fingers crossed for another win.

There was a split in the Paterson camp on Saturday(almost literally!!) as the other half went to Elgin with 7 other paying customers and 1 free loader and I went to Hampden - glorious!

thats blazer behavior.wot you efter?