Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Supporters Club Bus to Stenhousemuir

The SC bus to Stenhousemuir on Saturday will leave Bayview at 12.45pm stopping at;
Methilhill BC 1250pm
Lomond Centre 1pm
Kirkcaldy West 1.10pm
Dunfermline 1.20pm. These stopping times are approx

In order to keep our bus fund going throughout the season a charge of £3(Adult) and £1(Concession) will be made.New members can join on the day.

The bar at Bayview will be open for 1 hour prior to our departure for the sale of tins and bottles only.

There are still a limited number of seats available on this bus.Phone 01333 351486 to book.

A SC meeting will be held in the near future.The best way to operate our bus in the best interest of our members will be amongst the topics for discussion.

Re: Supporters Club Bus to Stenhousemuir

Dave,I thought it was £5 for the bus and does that then make you a member of the SC?

Confused.com

Yes.

Dave, can we have the same pick up arrangement for the Windygates crew please?

"Pick up" Can't you go in the bus like everyone else?

Naw! I like to feel the wind blowing thru my hair!!!!

Any chance of sneaking a hipflask on the bus?

How much does it cost to hire an 8 seater mini bus to Larbert these days?

Is that you looking ahead to next season already JoJo?

Raith Rovers..the only club in Scotland that has 3 stands out of use on home match days.

Well, I could answer that at least we have 3 stands to open, but I wont... Ooops!

Ex pupil, you'll have to help me out here? Which stands are not being used?

Last game I was at the South and North Stands were open. So was the Main Stand. So that just leaves the Railway Stand?

when where you last at a game 19.

Liam
Yes.

Dave,is there any seats left? I have a son who is unhappy that his older brother is going and he isn`t.

Tam
Yes.

For anyone else interested there are 6 seats left.5 if Tam takes one.

Thanks Dave,I`ll confirm tommorow night. I suppose I should be glad that he is so desperate to see East Fife play.

It`s great to be back.

Dave,one more seat for me please(3 in total).

Dave! Spoke to u at the dumbarton game ..jst confirmin if u booked me a seat on the bus for tomora

Jaimie

Jay

If you were the guy in the pie stall queue,I did.

Yep that was me Cheers Dave

Thank you everyone,the bus to Stenhousemuir is now FULL.

Ill just get on at the same place as before Dave unless there are any other folk getting on in Dunfy.OK?

What size bus are East Fife able to fill with travelling support nowadays??

Mark
OK.

The Daft One

We are filling a 48 seater plus,yours truly,the tour guide.

Cool - well done Dave, the SC and the fans

After what we have all been through,I think it is brilliant that we have a supporters bus that is full.
Personally,I don`t think it will be that long when we can fill another bus.Remember the Stenny game when we got relegated...these fans are still out there and WILL come back,also can someone do some PR to ressurect the East Neuk Supporters Club.

Times are changing,the feelgood factor is back and we need the support of previous fans who are still absent.

If we had enough interest to justify a second bus could it be a direct bus, i.e. one goes direct from Bayview to wherever were playing and the other picks up DMs pals wherever they live.

????????

The bus is run for the benefit of the supporters and it is for them to decide how it operates.I note your comments for our meeting next Saturday though.

How well do you know DM? The last time I looked he didn't have any pals.

???????

Totally out of order. Get a life
The bus picks up en route and, my understanding is, always has done.
It's the only way to fill the bus and make it pay.
If your not happy bring it up at the SC meeting.

DM is correct however; he does not have any pals.

?????? you seem like some one with a chip on your shoulder. There has been no door to door service on this bus.If there ever were it would no doubt decrease in popularity as it would take three times as long. As one of a few fans in the West of Fife the bus so far has been coming this way so thats fine. If we were travelling north it is no great hardship to get to Glenrothes or Kirkcaldy but in those situations the train is ussally a better option. I dont mind making my way two miles up the road to a main road
pick up point as happens to most folk getting on in Glenrothes or KDY.
Your post reminds me of the small town small mind mentality are you d*****k in disguise?

Mark, I like you would have no problem traveling a couple of miles to a main road to get picked up and I'm sure mosk folk would feel the same, the folk getting picked up in Glenrothes, Kirkcaldy and Dunfermline no doubt have to travel a mile or two too. But having a pick up in Methilhill and then in Windygates is taking the piss.

I always take the car when I travel and today I'll leave Methil at about 2pm getting me to the ground in time for the kick off. My option is to take the bus which adds a further 1.1/4 hours to my journey. As I live in Dubbieside it would make sense to take this bus but as it stands it just takes too long.

Hey

Think this is a taxi service?
OK £82 return to Falkirk then.

Alternative: take the SC bus (we will pick up en route) and DM and the rest of the SC crew will work there bollocks off and charge you £3.

Your call you nutters!

Tarzan

Take the car mate.
Forget the social interaction on the SC bus. Just worry about the result. It will be all OK.

Then, later, start worrying about "mans' inhumanity to man". Then take the car because its easier.

Like Mike Says, take the car if you don,t want the social interaction, i enjoyed myself today before the bus, in the club, at the warriors social club, during the game, with a few heart stopping moments. It would be nice to think we could run two buses with different agendas. At the moment however it was the second bus the supporters club have run, its all very much feel the way gauge the reaction. You have the opportunity to voice your opinion at the forthcoming meeting, turn up, join the club and make your feelings known. DON'T SLAG D. MARSHALL,especially as he is one of the few people who are willing to give of their time for the greater benefit of the support of EFFC. i CANT BELIEVE AT SUCH A TIME WHEN WE SHOULD BE CELEBRATING, WE HAVE FOUND OTHER WAYS TO FIGHT. D. MARSHALL YOU HAVE ONE PAL.

One of the bigger Commitee members.

Would ?????????? have got such a reaction had he not had a cheap shot at Davie Marshall?

I for one would suggest that if we were to run two buses then why shouldn't one be a direct bus.

I look forward to Saturdays meeting

Is it such a great hardship to sit on a bus for an extra half hour, considering the ultra-low price and the good company? If folk want a seperate direct bus from Bayview then fair enough, but there's probably not that many of us who live near Bayview, should the supporters club represent all it's members or only those in lower Methil?

Who's willing to foot the bill for another bus?

Of course your right Igor but if there is enough interest in a second bus and I assume there my well be then surely there's no harm in debating how it should be run, direct or otherwise.

One of the best parts of being a supporter of a lower league team is surely the interaction and camaraderie of not only your own fans but also the those of the opposing team.We,as a Club,have had our attention drawn elsewhere of late.Now it is time to get that friendship back and the SC bus is one small way to achieve that.

The very fact that we are having this debate is proof that we are on the way to being fans of a football club again.We are needing to put the recent past behind us and get the smile back.

I repeat,the SC bus is for its' members,you decide how it operates.Please turn up on Saturday and do just that.Thank you.

The bus was well over subscribed for yesterday's game so the debate about a possible second bus is merited.How that would be operated and financed will require debating but if the will and help is there all things are possible.

I think we should be aplauding D.Marshall for all his efforts in getting the bus for Stenhousemuir.

I for one would not have been at the game if it were not for the bus, also I enjoyed the trip and meeting other suporters I only knew by their nom-e-plume name.

My only regret is I could not join the supporters on the terracing as due to a disability I cannot stand for the full match, hence I was seated in the stand

I think part of being a supporter is the travelling together.

I was one of Stewarts travelling party by train to Elgin last week and we had a fun time on the train.

Dave Marshall needs help instead of complaining get the finger OUT AND HELP.

If I lived here instead of sunny California I would gladly help out.

We as supporters have got rid off one big distraction let the bus not be another, either go on the bus with your fellow supporters or quit BITCHING.

Lastly I thank every one for the hospiality I have been shown on my trip here, unfortuately I will miss the Abion Rovers game as I fly home on Wednesday morning.

OOPS !!!! I spelled HOSPITALITY WRONG thats what happens when you are in a hurry.

If we could run a direct bus that would be great.
Everybody happy and lots of support travelling to cheer the boys on. Yes the cheap shot at DM did it for me.

I was at Romford FC yesterday and the support of around 60 attend home and away. Remember a few months ago we were not that far away from being in the position of "hard core" only support.

Well done to DM and the rest of the SC guys (I don't know who else is involved)for the reintroduction of a "stopping" bus. Igor is absolutely correct, we have supporters all over the place and not just in Methil.

I'm keen to see the East Neuk boys back onto the bus. Every time I have travelled with them it's been a real laugh.