Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
BROWN SILENT AS TRUST JOINS BOARD

BROWN SILENT AS TRUST JOINS BOARD

THE drawn-out saga surrounding the resignation of Derrick Brown as an East Fife director continues.
Chief executive Sid Collumbine still hasn't heard from the former chairman, who had indicated he would call it a day after being told his services as treasurer/secretary were no longer required.
Last week, Mr Collumbine insisted the matter will be resolved sooner rather than later, even if that meant holding an extraordinary general meeting.
It had been rumoured the delay could be down to Mr Brown looking for another club so he could stay on the SFA board for his final year.
Mr Collumbine said: "I haven't heard a word from Mr Brown in the last week.
"I think he will resign but it's just a matter of when. He is holding off for some reason but hopefully it will be sorted soon."
Meanwhile, Mr Collumbine has confirmed the East Fife Supporters' Trust will have a place on the board. He said: "There will be a trust member on the board at some stage but there are things to sort out first so it won't happen immediately."
The trust is content to play the waiting game and a spokesman said: "We know these things are going to take a while to sort out but membership on the board is very much part of our plans.
"But the articles of the club have to change before that can happen. We are in contact with the board and are working towards that, which should be sorted at the club's annual general meeting."
Meanwhile, the trust is holding its own annual general meeting at Bayview tomorrow (Thursday) at 7.30 p.m. Non-members are welcome to attend.

Re: BROWN SILENT AS TRUST JOINS BOARD

I notice that they didn't even bother with the "Mr Brown was unavailable for comment" line this week.
:-D

So, he has not departed from effc totally then?.
Are we being mislead again ?.

No we are not being mislead.

He has been replaced as secretary and treasurer.

He has been asked to resign from the board, but he cannot be forced to do so.

An EGM or AGM is required to remove him if he doesn't go voluntarily.

Until he has DEFINITELY no connection with the club then I will not be back. My decision.

Since he last set foot in Bayview the team have not looked back. Do the decent thing Derrick, resign from the board!!

Jim - believe me, JDB will not be back. Looking forward to seeing you again, pal. Get yersel' doon tae Methil and I'll stand ye a pint!