Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Murder in Leven

Anyone heard about the murder? Rumours are it was an 18 year old male.Body found in Haughgate area.

Re: Murder in Leven

If i told you I would have to kill you.

there was a body found in suspicious circumstances
and it wasn't a male (fact)

out of respect for the family
i will not tell you the poor girls name.

Has anyone got a link to this?

Nothing on the news

Woman's body found in Fife flat
Police are treating the death of a woman in Fife as suspicious after her body was discovered in a flat.
Officers are waiting for the results of a post-mortem examination to establish the exact cause of her death.

Her body was found in a property on Haughgate Street in Leven on Thursday morning.

Fife Constabulary would not comment on the woman's identity. A spokesman asked anyone with any information about the incident to contact the force.

I passed Haughgate Street on way home from work at tea time. Street is closed off with police at either end. The house where the body was found is on the north side of the street a couple of blocks from the Waggon Road end. Police also on guard outside the house, which is taped off.
I asked one of the policemen what had happened but he told me his lips were sealed.
My neighbour says he'd heard it was an 18 year old, but had also heard it said that the body seemed like it had been there for some time.

18 year old female
lives in fife but not levenmouth
was reported missing last month
body would be slightly decomposed
body was hidden in house
[/b]

it is a very sad world we live in

Apparently the flat where the body was found has been used to house a homeless male for the past six months, but the dead person is definitely female. Neighbours say the man living there was a fairly quiet person. The body was apparently found in a shed at the rear of the house and had been there for about a week.

Well if the bloke had a house, surely he was no longer homeless??

Anyway, here is the BBC story, apparently 26 from Kelty.

Police name woman found in flat
The body of a woman found in Fife is that of 26-year-old Lisa Nelson from Kelty, police have confirmed.
She was found in a flat at Haughgate Street, Leven on Thursday morning.

She was reported missing by her family on 8 October, but the last confirmed sighting of her was on 25 September when she left her Kelty home.

An initial post mortem on Friday proved inconclusive and further forensic tests are being conducted. Police are still treating her death as suspicious.

Major incident room

Det Supt Ian Hutton said: "We are continuing to treat her death as suspicious and are awaiting the results of further forensic tests."

He added: "Forensic examination of the flat is also continuing and a major incident room has been set up at Glenrothes police station.

"We are anxious to trace 45-year-old David Whitelaw, the current tenant of Haughgate Street, in connection with the death."

Whitelaw is described as being 5ft 8ins, with short grey receding hair, of stocky build and with a Scottish accent