Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Down with Brown - Request

Now that he is (almost) a distant memory at East Fife, how about removing his ugly mug from the AFTN web site. I don't know about anybody else but I think I've seen enough of that guy to last a life time!!

Re: Down with Brown - Request

I agree. He is getting more publicity than his ugly mug deserves.

Agreed too.

He's the kind of guy who gets off on notoriety.
(have I spelled that properly?)

agreed - and get the anti-israel banner back

Totally agree, you don't keep photo's of dog shit so why of something worse

Fair point! Think we've conveyed the message by now!

We've got a couple of more positive messages that we can have as the front page so will have it changed over the weekend.

I notice stuart kirkaldy you state "almost" so are you like me that he is not totally out of site?.

Jim I know that a few others have tried to clarify the situation re Brown but let me have a go!

He does not have any operational role at the club-he has been replaced as club secretary and treasurer; he has been replaced as company secretary; he has been told he is no longer welcome; he has been asked to resign as director.

Unfortunately the club articles do not allow for a director to be removed by the Board. These rules were written by Danskin and you may guess at his reasons.

If Brown refuses to do what he has been asked and, according to Sid Collumbine, what he said he would do - namely resign - then the only way to remove him is by a shareholders' vote at an A/EGM.

As there are some rules changes the board wish to make these along with sacking Brown allcan be dealt with at AGM in December although it is possible for an EGM to be held earlier.

The main reason for just waiting for the AGM is that it is easier than holding two shareholder meetings in quick succession (the AGM would still have to be held).

You can safely accept that Brown is out.

Hope to see you back at Bayview soon.

I will not be back until there is no chance of him having anything to do with east fife in any way. Sad you may think I am but that is how deep it has went with me. I also am a bit concerned about some of the changes. I still do not fully believe in the trust but maybe in the future. If you all think that everything is okay then that is your conclusions but not my own. I will keep looking from the outside and wish everyone a good season and may the results go with the team.

Jim

Valid points.
See you after the AGM.

I thought Derek Broon did a ged job for us. Sad to see him go. Didnae think much o' this new lot in. Just think they're hanging around ti see if they can sell the land to property developers. Derek Broon had the club's interests at heart.

Certainly a thought provoking post by MC.You are obviously a man with his finger on the pulse. I am sure AFTN will be red hot with arguements both for and against.

Come on Gof, what's happened to removing the excrement from the website?

I agree, getting a bit fed up of his ugly mug every time I visit the site. Come on GoF a change will do us good!