Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Photos from Ochilview

It wasn't a good day for photographs yesterday, with long shadows contrasting with strong sun light. Trying to adjust my camera for the conditions, I missed the only goal!
I did get some not too bad shots, though, which can be seen at:

www.putfile.com/dyker

Re: Photos from Ochilview

Good photo's Jim. I have to disagree with the title for photo no 9 though! I have got an ear, throat and chest infection coupled with a stinkin' cold! There's nothing healthy about that!!!

Jim, I see in your ex-players section you have a couple of photos of the legendary Gilbert Allan playing for Hill of Beath, what age is he now an is he still as silky? I think Baikie should re-sign him

Another fine batch of pic's Jim, especially #2 and #7.
Still work on the rest of mine, got a bloody addware virus on my PC that is proving a buggger (is this word allowed) to get rid of.

Igor - Gilbert Allan is 33 now. He signed for Hill o' Beath Hawthorn at the start of this season after a few years at Glenrothes. Yes, he's still a great player, but I don't think he's good enough now to play in the Scottish League, and there would certainly be no place for him in our present line up.
One of the photos of our former players shows Kevin Bain tackling a Hill o' Beath player. Can anyone confirm that the other player is actually Conrad Courts, who was on East Fife's books a few seasons ago. I've also heard that he's Tom's brother, but they don't exactly look similar!

Thought I'd have a 'rake' through my photos taken at Junior games to see how many other former Fifers I could find. I've now uploaded photos of Richard Gibb, Dave Beaton, Kenny Munro, Lee Dair, Ross Graham & others. Go to:

http://www.putfile.com/dyker/images/36356

Jim

What about phots of East Fife fans involved in these Junior games!! I even made the Day Late Record the other week!!

Injured at the mo but back in a couple of weeks so was able to go to Ochilview yesterday. Good to see a healthy following again.

I'll say it again - it wisnae a healthy following - I wisnae feeling well!

Great photos guys.

Igor, i will pass on your comments to gilbert today,he will be delighted to hear, you think of him as a legend, I will make sure he comes to the next EX-PLAYERS day at the bayview bar whenever it is

Definitely a legend for us under-30 fans

Went on trail at Anfield I remember, what happened ?

I think it was the case that he simply didn't make the grade. Robbie Fowler (hallelujah) used to give him a lift into training.

I don't think he was ever the same after that.

Mike Gill - I'm off to have a look for photies of you 'in action'!
If I have anything decent I'll create a special section.
Kerriann - hope you're feeling better. And yes, we did laugh the first time - there was no need to repeat your joke!!

And Dave Marshall - what did you shout when you came to the photo of Kenny Munro????
HAWWWW KENNNYYYYYY!!!!

Jim

Shoosh,I was going to secretly ask you for a copy for my Kenny collection.

Mike Gill - I've found a few and created a section called "East Fife Supporters in various roles":

www.putfile.com/dyker

Now then, I'm sure I have a picture of Lee Gilies stacking shelves in Morrison's somewhere ...

Jim

Could you not find any pics that:

A) look as if i just farted (Pic A)
B) Catch me 5 yards out of position. (Pic B) There is a man over the far side playing them all on. HONEST!!
C) Make me look as if i'm doing a Frank Spencer impression (OH BETTY!!)

Seriously, Cheers for that!!

Aye, the Frank Spencer is my favourite. Pity it's not that clear. Never mind - with my new camera ......