Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
When did we last win 8-0?

I was asked this question following the Fife Cup game against BSY and I've finally remembered to look it up.
The last competitive 8-0 victory was against Alloa Athletic in a Division Two match at Bayview on 2nd November 1963. For a better competitive winning margin we have to go back to 10th January 1959, when the RESERVES beat Civil Service Strollers 14-0 in an East of Scotland League match at Bayview.
A tally of greater than eight goals in a recognised FIRST TEAM competitive match (and strictly speaking the Fife Cup falls into this category) has happened on just seven occasions:
East Fife 13 Edinburgh City 2 (Division Two 11th December 1937)
East Fife 10 Hearts of Beath 1 (Fife Cup, 1st March 1913)
East Fife 9 Albion Rovers 1 (B Division Supplementary Cup Semi Final, 22nd April 1948)
East Fife 9 Burntisland Shipyard 1 (Fife Cup, 9th April 1948)
East Fife 9 Stenhousemuir 3 (Regional Wartime League East, 16th December 1939)
East Fife 9 King's Park 2 (Division Two, 14th March 1936)
East Fife 9 Dumbarton 1 (Division Two, 24th September 1934)
The 8-0 score in a competitive match, apart from the two aforementioned matches, also occurred against Arbroath in a Division Two game on 20th October 1945, against Dunfermline Athletic in a North Eastern (Wartime) League match on 16th August 1941 and against Forfar Athletic in a Division Two match on 22nd March 1924, all at Bayview.

Re: When did we last win 8-0?

Jim, perhaps you can help me out too?

When was the last time Raith won a league match 7-1?

I can't remember, but I have a feeling it will be in your records.

Fuckin ell Jim

Talk about anoraks!

Dunno Jonathan. Are you on about the game, the season before last, where Ross County skudded the Linos 7-1 or the game about 5 years ago, where St Mirren slapped 7 past yous?

Dougie, thanks for that, but no.

I am sure we WON a match 7-1 in the late 80's?

Think it might have been at Stark's Park, just not sure of the opposition.

Any help would be great.

Nae luck Dougie I think you will find we skelped 7 past St.Mirren not the other way round, I lobbed Campbell Money from 30 yards that day.

All I can do now is play for Beast Fife

Jason, that was a great day indeed and I am sure it was in 1992.

I am more interested in a 7-1 match in the late 80's? If I was to guess, I'd say it was in November time 1987?

Can anyone help?

Jonathan, I've found it! Here it is:

Scottish League Cup, 15 August 1981

Rangers 8 (EIGHT) Raith Rovers 1

Glad to be of assistance.

Mike - what do you expect me to do when all that's on the telly is Celtic?

I was at Bayview when we played Montrose in a league match I think around late 1980's when we scored 8 - . I'm almost certain it was a midweek match. Can anybody else remember this match and date for the record ???

We beat Montrose 7-0 at Bayview in 1995/96