Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Paatelainen departs Cowdenbeath

Mixu Paatelainen has resigned as manager of Cowdenbeath to join another club - but BBC Sport understands that it will not be Hibernian.
The former Easter Road striker has been linked with Hibs since the exit of Tony Mowbray to West Brom, but Paatelainen is thought to be heading to Finland.

Paatelainen would only say: "It will be announced early next week.

"I've made an agreement to move somewhere else, but I am not going to say where at the moment."

Speculation initially linked Paatelainen with Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday and Darlington, English clubs all without managers at present.

Macclesfield Town are also poised to disclose their new manager early next week.

But it now appears more likely that Paatelainen will be returning to his Finnish homeland.

Some might argue that the timing was bad

Mixu Paatelainen

"Only time will tell, but I am determined to be a manager at the highest level possible," said Paatelainen.

The 39-year-old already has experience of English football, having played for Bolton Wanderers and Wolverhampton Wanderers during a career that also led to 70 caps for Finland.

Paatelainen, who also played for Aberdeen, Strasbourg, St Johnstone and St Mirren, first arrived in Britain when he signed for Dundee United from Finnish outfit Haka.

He joined Cowdenbeath as player-manager in August 2005 but has been concentrating on management alone this season.

But there was an agreement that he could leave if there was an approach from a club at a higher level.

Indeed, Paatelainen revealed that he had rejected two previous approaches.

"I would like to thank all the people at Cowdenbeath Football Club, the club, the supporters and all the players," she said.

"It is a fantastic small club."

Paatelainen made his announcement to the players on the morning before Cowden played host to Ayr United.

"Some might argue that the timing was bad, but I thought that, having agreed to take a job elsewhere, it would not be fair to take the team today," he added.

Re: Paatelainen departs Cowdenbeath

Is Levein ready for the step-up from The Rovers to Cowden?

My CV is in.

Dont laugh

well someone has to replace brewster

Baikie is coming back to Cowden

nae chance,dave baikie and willie gray are the best of neeburs.

and we have a support, u hav feck all