Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Supporters Club Meeting

Can someone enlighten us exile paid up members what transpired at yesterdays meeting ?????

Re: Supporters Club Meeting

Please enlightin us exiles!

Please enlighten this part time exile who will be home next Sunday and looking forward to seeing the Fife.

The meeting was held in the lounge at 1.30pm just as the place started to fill big time.Even with the best will I do not think that anyone there would disagree that it wasn't the best decision that we have ever made.Due to the surrounding noise the meeting broke down into groups talking amongst themselves.A time of 12 noon was suggested for the next match-day meeting but I feel that would not work either.I am a weekday evening man myself.

The meeting itself centred around our bus.It was agreed that the charge should be £5 and £2(concessions) to all games.Brian Robertson volunteered to become Bus Convener and bookings should now be made through him.I would like to thank Brian for agreeing to take over this responsible function.

The Young Supporters are taking part in a sojourn abroad(I believe) and Bryan Duff ,speaking on their part,proposed that we assist them financially.It was agreed to fund them up to £200,depending on their needs.

An open meeting is to be held on 6th November in the lounge at 7.30pm under the auspices of Fife Fans For the Future.The aim of this meeting is to come up with ideas on how we can all help to encourage more supporters to come and watch East Fife.Please come along and put your ideas and thoughts forward.Peter Wright and Jim Beavers are already doing stalwart work in this direction,they need our assistance.

With the noise around us increasing the meeting was closed after agreeing to meet again on Wednesday 8th November at 7.30 pm in the lounge.

Thanks to all attendees.

Whats the story with the Young Fifers/Young Supporters or whatever they are called now? Some of the folk running them were very pro-Brown and acted hostile to anyone who spoke out against him. Now they are very quiet and seem to keep themselves to themselves. Did they not also pull out of the FFFF group? I think the organisation of young fans is important to the club so its a pity to see some of their organisers behaving the way they do.

Honestly folk shouldn't post unless they know what thay are talking about. All the Junior Supporters were doing is looking after who they represent. They have a for a time played a good part in helping out the club. All Logie needs to do is turn up on a Saturday and see Shona at the front desk helping out and she is only one of many. Get a grip man and ask directly if you want answers not on this forum.

I think what Logie was saying was that of course they had to look out for their own interests (including a neutral if not pro Brown stance) but that every action has a reaction and that certain questions are likely to be asked.

I certainly will be very interested in their explanation in respect of the no show at the FFFF football tournament. Luckily Eck and his youth squad stepped in and turned a potential disaster into one of the summer's feel good stories.

If my understanding is right we agreed to work together with all groups affiliated to EFFC in a co-ordinated manner but in the meantime as a gesture we would donate a small amount of cash.

Under no circumstances should the kids be disadvantaged due to "naive" political manouvering.

The YF took an anti-trust stance at EVERY given opportunity. They also didnt half bleat on about how they got everything they ever asked for from broon. Then when it wis pointed out all they things they didnt get SILENCE.

They join in the FFFF and then without explanation or apology they pull out. Make your own mind up.

For the uninitiated here, who are we talking about? Is it Big Foot?

may i correct you dave the £200 donation to the junior supporters club is for the 97s so they can attend a football festival in ayr.

I was going by things I was told by a friend after a private meeting happened between Broon and the board, as well as protesters and someone from the YF who was very disruptive and blamed all the clubs problems on the protests and backed Brown to the hilt.

I'm sorry if it's upsetting to hear but people should be acountable for their actions and this person is no exception.

PS. No it's not who you are thinking Timson, the guy in question's name is Ewan.

franco

Ayr is abroad as far as I am concerned.

I will put that down to a senior moment.

As coaching co ordinator of East Fife Junior Supporters Club I would like to explain our reasons for not taking part in FFFF festival that was held earlier this year.
Young Fifers, as we were at the time, attended meetings with John Steele, Dave Marshall and members of East Fife ladies with the aim of putting on some type of football festival for the young people in the Levenmouth area.
The original date of this festival was set for sometime in August and with that time in mind we agreed we could be of some help. After John and Dave contacted Kirkland High School the date was changed and unfortunatly none of our coaches were available on that day.
We would be more than willing to help with any other event that requires assistance.

Robert

Thank you.
Very happy with that explanation.
It will set a lotof minds at ease.

Very decent of the man to come on and put forward an EXCUSE as to why they weren't involved but IMHO that is all it is. They could still have been involved but choose not to attend meetings. If this was on the strength of one football tournie then what about the other stuff FFFF have planned? Why not be involved in that? To much self interest going on at the JSC and too much protecting of own skin. It will be remembered for a long time.