Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Tannoy Announcer

Can someone please tell her that she has a microphone and doesn't have to bloody shout all the time..........Does my head in.

Re: Tannoy Announcer

Tell her yourself or are you scared she will bite yer head off

She could maybe just dispense with the mike and speakers, save on electricity!

Only joking Caroline.

There's nothing wrong with being noisy,Caroline.

I thought all women were naturally noisy!

I have to say it was pretty loud and almost unbearable yesterday. I'm not wanting to be horrible Caroline, but shouting into a mic with a PA isn't good! I know from doing just that at karaoke!

I disagree! Keep up the good work Caroline. Some guys are complaining to the lack of atmosphere. I think you do a good job to create some.

There is nothing worse than being shouted at over a tannoy system when you are trying to speak to the person next to you either before kick-off or at half time. A happy medium is easy to achieve.

get a fuckin grip

from what I can see there is alot more problems
at bayview han a volutary tannoy announcer

arseholes

I don't think there is any need to call everybody arseholes. Caroline is a big girl and I don't think she will be bothered in the slightest that Ewan has posted his comments.

For what it's worth, I agree with Ewan! She scared the life out of me a few times on Saturday by shouting into the microphone and we did comment about someone needing to tell her not to shout! A point that I would have passed onto her when I next met her!

Your points are taken on board I will calm it down at the next game.Maybe if I hold the mike 3" away from my mouth and in my right hand it will help. Sorry if anyone had to go to the doctors today with a burst eardrum.Yours Caroline xx

You'll need to shout the next time Caroline coz we're aw deef noo!

I'd be the first to complain at a lack of atmosphere and in no way to I want to curb the enthusiasm of caroline.........My point was that the whole point of having a microphone is that you don't have to shout to be heard.

Just play the piece of loud music when we score Caroline and then announce the scorer and time[in an ascending tone]Easy.

Gof - you're treading on very thin ice after what you said when it was Caroline's birthday. She was on the look out for you in the bar on Saturday and now you've gone and made matters worse!!!!!!

I was on Scoonie golf course, playing the 15th hole when I heard Caroline's announcements, that's what you call a running commentary

Put my off my shot,

That was nice of her looking to buy me a drink after all I said

caroline, i think you do a great job and try to encourage the fans to raise the roof when we score, and to get behind the team during the games , i don't understand people comming on hear and moaning about the lack of singing and cheering at home games then say you are to loud . i don't think they understand you you are trying to get the fans to make more noise and get behind the team , keep it up i say also can you play the boys are back in town at the game its' magic

I didn't realise she used a Tannoy

I just knew she'd pronounce Bonnar as Boner

She's a laugh, much better than what some of us had to put up with until recently