Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
O/T Cyber Solutions - Printer

I'm looking for a printer, inexpensive but reliable. Had/have a Lexmark All in one job which I bought from Curry's which is crap, as is the service, already had a replacement which is also knackered. Can you give me an idea of models and price. Cheers

Re: O/T Cyber Solutions - Printer

Hi Stewart - Epson R300 is an excellent wee printer does very good photographs also - PC world have one on there website at under £50 - has 6 X cartridges at about £12 each but you can usually buy a full set for around £20 on E-bay - I run 3 printers for various types of jobs - but have had the R300 for over two years without any problem whatsoever and it has been used very regularly almost every other day.

Would also recommend the Epson R300. You can get a set of 6 Compatable Ink cartridges from Disc Depot (Dundee) for under a fiver and they are decent quality. Hope this helps !

stuart

if as is said you can get an r300 for under £50.00 i'd have it any day of the week (epson have stopped manufacturing it though)a great printer all the same

all we have in stock is epson d78 at £48.00 or the dx4000 at 69.00

the dx4000 is an all in one and cheap for inks, there are none compatible inks for the d78 as yet

Mike 20 a set of ink os a bit expensive

Bayviewboy - its all very well getting a set of ink under a fiver from that company but shouldnt you mention the 4.99 shipping and do they give a 100% guarantee on there inks?

as a side note we will match online companies prices
including the one bayview boy mentioned but I will take shipping costs into consideration.

so if you can get the ink for under £5 online (remember the high shipping cost) then we will match there price with shipping.

Hi cyber-solutions - I am talking about a set of genuine Epson R300 cartridges at less than £20 including postage which can be from £2 to £4 - I actually once got a set for £11 - I tend to use genuine cartridges as I print quite a lot of photographs for calendars etc - if you can supply genuine cartridges around that price please let me know.

yeah my mistake mike

£20 a set is pretty good going for genuine epson cartridges.

we wouldn't supply at that price,

are these the vacuam packed inks or individual boxes?

whatever they are its still a decent buy.

They are vacum packed.