Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Fife mail

Any worthwhile stories for us exiles??

Re: East Fife mail

Super Ally hangs up boots...

EAST Fife has been hit by the news that experienced player Ally Mitchell has retired.
The model professional, in his second stint at Methil, has hung up his boots as the result of mounting work commitments and a series of niggling injuries.
While only playing a bit part on the park, Mitchell's influence in the dressing room has been a major boost, particularly for the younger players.
Manager Dave Baikie, who has identified experience as a key to success, admits his early departure is a setback.
He said: "Ally has hung up his boots which is a bit of a blow but we understand his situation. He weighed up all the aspects and decided this was the best option.
It is also a blow for the squad which is now down to 21 after we let David Ross go to Hill of Beath.
"We will lose his experience and he has been a great professional throughout his career.
"Ally is someone who would not let you down and was a great help to the youngsters. He was also vocal on the pitch."

LEVEN MAN ON MURDER CHARGE

A LOCAL man has been charged with murder following the discovery of a woman's body in a Leven flat.
David Whitelaw of 37 Haughgate Street, Leven, made a brief appearance in private at Kirkcaldy Sheriff Court on Tuesday afternoon.
The 45-year-old accused faced a charge of murder, made no plea or declaration and was remanded in custody.
He is expected to return to court on November 1.
Whitelaw's court appearance came 12 days after the discovery of 26-year-old Lisa Nelson's body inside 37 Haughgate Street.
The find shocked the quiet neighbourhood and sparked a major appeal for information on Whitelaw.
It's still not been revealed how Lisa died.

BEST WISHES FOR A HEALTHY RETIREMENT
THE WELL-known "bubbly" face behind the Leven Health Centre bowed out gracefully recently.
Colleagues gathered to bid practice manager Elma Mathieson farewell when she retired after 32 years at the town centre surgery.
The Windygates grandmother of three admitted she's looking forward to putting her feet up and making the most of her leisure time but will miss the bustling building.
Elma took up a part-time post at Leven Health Centre 32 years ago after spotting an advert in the East Fife Mail.
"I started out doing three hours, then four, then five and it just grew from there," she explained.
"There are so many stories I could tell.
''Every day was different you could never say what each one would bring.
"It really was a first class place to work.
''I will really miss everyone," she added.
Elma's colleague Tracy Campbell has now taken over the reins as practice manager.
Tracy paid tribute to her retired workmate. "She's superb and 'unique' is the only word I can use to describe her.
"Elma's a really bubbly, happy person. She's knows everybody and she's always smiling.
''I hope I can manage that!"
With more time on her hands, Elma and her husband John now hope to head off in their caravan.
"We want to go further afield, maybe even over to France," said Elma.
She added: "We can go for as long as we want now, we won't have to worry about getting home for work on Monday."

Thanks guys, feels just like home